PDA

View Full Version : The Return of Big Thunder Ranch??

Esmerelda
06-26-2004, 01:04 AM
Hello all,

I just thought that those of you who were crushed when Big Thunder Ranch BBQ shuttered it's wagons for the last time would like to know that there will be a new, but not necessarily improved, Big Thunder Ranch Country Picnic opening on July 1st. Don't get too excited, because it looks like this is only going to be a temporary location open through September 6. As stated in the Disneyland Line today:

"Guests may enjoy chilled, picnic-style items such as fried chicken and grilled vegetables at this new location in Frontierland at Disneyland Park."

It may only be an ODV cart, who knows. I thought it was interesting...

RStar
06-28-2004, 08:56 AM
No matter how dismal it may be, any use of a shuttered location is an improvement. If nothing else it gets guests spread out in the park and helps take the traffic load from other food locations and rides. I love the atmosphere there, however, and will check it out. Thanks for the heads-up!

DonaldDuck14
06-28-2004, 10:43 AM
yeah i heard it's temporary for now.they're doing this to see if it's a success and if it is it will become permanent but right now it's only experimental and it even won't be open that long in the day. the hours are 11am-3pm daily

splashmtngurl
06-28-2004, 10:47 AM
The Big Thunder Ranch is a nice addition to the park but its sad to see the baraque go! The reason it upsets me so much is becuase if you havent noticed, the ranch came back as a advertising campaign for the recent Disney movie, "home on the range" and i dont understand why a attraction should be brought back just as a movie promotion considering the fact that the ranch is not intended to be a permanent attraction! :confused: