PDA

View Full Version : Another odd question? On June 18th 2004....

Pilot Mickey
06-25-2004, 05:27 PM
On friday the 18th, was anyone here at disneyland? Cause i was decoading the marabic in the Indiana Jones line and a whole bunch of people got scared of me when they turned the corrner and saw me stading there. Some people thought i was part of the theming :p Did anyone see me in the line? it was around 4 i think..

Pilot Mickey
07-02-2004, 11:07 PM
I didn't relize how my post went up since i posted this, so i take it no one saw me :crying: . Well i was just wondering :rolleyes:

Thomas
07-03-2004, 05:38 PM
I think it was because no one really cared.

Pilot Mickey
07-03-2004, 08:07 PM
i reliezed that when 160 people read my post with no replies

Bruce Bergman
07-03-2004, 08:16 PM
i reliezed that when 160 people read my post with no replies

Hey, it was nothing personal. If the people who read MousePad and saw your message weren't there that day, or didn't go on Indy at the same time and see you there reading the walls, there isn't much to say. :rolleyes: And the odds of all that lining up are vanishingly small.

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--

sjcivilady
07-03-2004, 08:49 PM
Sorry, Vote Stomper - I wasn't there, either. So is the message you decoded interesting? Please don't take it personally that no one responded.

Forbin
07-03-2004, 10:23 PM
Last thing I decoded at Indy said. Remember to use AT&T ... so I stopped decoding advertising..heh

Pilot Mickey
07-04-2004, 10:17 PM
sorry, i just like to complain sometimes :~D

annemerson
07-07-2004, 05:42 PM
Hey , don't feel bad ...it couldn't have been as bad as when we saw someone in a Spiderman costume at the opening of the movie last week in Santa Cruz...now that was scary!

DisneylandForever
07-08-2004, 06:17 AM
Hey , don't feel bad ...it couldn't have been as bad as when we saw someone in a Spiderman costume at the opening of the movie last week in Santa Cruz...now that was scary!

I love all these locals! I used to live in Pacifica stomper, and my cousin lives in Santa Cruz! Cool.

annemerson, you're not alone. I went to see SpiderMan at the Metreon in SF the night before it opened (well, Tuesday at midnight, technically 6/30), and there were indeed people decked out in full Spidey-gear! It was amusing to say the least. :p

JeffG
07-08-2004, 10:21 AM
Shortly after the first movie came out, we actually spotted someone inside Disneyland in a Spider-man suit. He was being led off-stage by security at the time...

-Jeff

scanmom
07-08-2004, 04:38 PM
you don't have to be so harsh! Lets try to keep it civil. ;)

splashmtngurl
07-08-2004, 04:40 PM
er.........i think that alot of people didnt understand exactly what u were asking or perhaps they just werent there and didnt want to waste time. yours or theirs! :)

splashmtngurl
07-08-2004, 04:44 PM
you thought the spidy-gear thing was bad? you should have been at the first showing of harry potter and the prisoner of askaban. i mean there were people there all decked out in robes with harry's glasses and painted scars on their foreheads not to mention all the fake wands and stuffed owls and things. it was so weird. weird but mildly amusing! i mean my friend and i were just dressed normal and these people were dressed like they were expecting to be part of the movie. it was nuts!

annemerson
07-08-2004, 05:01 PM
. i mean there were people there all decked out in robes with harry's glasses and painted scars on their foreheads

My son's dermatologist looks exactly like Harry Potter... he wears glasses and he even has a real jagged scar on his forehead...he could have have been at that premier without even wearing make-up!

splashmtngurl
07-08-2004, 05:03 PM
lol really? interesting....but still these people were super obsessed witht he storyline you could tell....i mean he make look like harry potter but does he dress like him? ;)

annemerson
07-08-2004, 07:43 PM
No, thank goodness. But he's in his 30's and looks like he's about 15. Anyways, I think the person who originated this message was just trying to have a good time as were the Spiderman and Harry Potter wannabes. I have a friend who was really into Star Trek, Star Wars and animation when we were kids and now he writes/draws a major comic strip called "Foxtrot." My kids are really into all the Japanese anime and they love all the Lord of the Rings movies. When the third movie came out they talked me into standing in line for hours so we could be the first ones in the theater at midnight. Then I was so tired that I fell asleep during the movie! We saw "Shrek" on the opening night at the theater in Downtown Disney. That was great!
P.S. I'm curious to know if Vote Stomper was dressed up as Indiana Jones or something...why were people scared when they saw him?

splashmtngurl
07-08-2004, 08:23 PM
o, i am not saying its a bad thing...it was just sort of ammusing, i mean people really really got into it...some of them even like knew half of the words when they hadnt seen the movie yet. i mean i am a fan but not that intense! i just found it interesting not like terrible just er bemusing