PDA

View Full Version : Who is Cast Member Matt (tm)?

Pilot Mickey
06-25-2004, 11:42 AM
well? :confused:

Lani
06-25-2004, 11:46 AM
It's Matt Ouimet, the new Disneyland Resort president. He was brought here from the Disney Cruise Line, and is considered an "inside guy" who's worked the trenches and understands what it's like to be a CM. His predecessors were brought in from the outside, as far as background went. Paul Pressler and Cynthia Harriss both came from The Disney Store system, which while Disney, is a retail business environment. A lot of people thought they were out of touch with the parks because of their lack of appropriate background.

Pilot Mickey
06-25-2004, 03:06 PM
Thanks Lani, :)

Disney Vault
06-26-2004, 12:04 PM
How do you pronounce his last name?

ununoctium
06-26-2004, 02:57 PM
I believe it's french. I have heard it pronounced wee-may

please, someone, correct me if I'm wrong

DisneyBob
06-26-2004, 03:16 PM
I've heard it pronouced WEE-MET

Disney Vault
06-27-2004, 01:18 PM
I guess thats the reason people call him cast menber matt.

splashmtngurl
06-28-2004, 10:51 AM
And might we add the Matt has been a great Park President so far? ;)

maltbird
06-28-2004, 11:16 AM
On June 8th, my 7 year old son and I were walking out of the Concierge Lounge at DLH. I noticed a very pleasent conversation going on between a fellow and two of the housekeeping staff...I thought the face looked familliar from the research I had done prior to out trip.

Not being bashfull, As he came to wait for the elevator, I asked him " Are you cast member Matt ? " he then responded , with a laugh, "well I don't know about "cast member Matt", but I am Matt."

We then had a very nice, brief chat about how things were looking very spiffy, he then said he had a great team. In mid sentance his phone rang, and he apologized , saying he had to answer it. It turned out that was the day his family was moving from Fla, and they were on the ground in Ca, and would see him in 15 minutes.

He spent time saying hi to my son, and was very intersted in what he thought, as well as where we were from.

All in all in our less than 5 minutes together I was super impressed...

Of course, about 10 minutes later I thought of all of these questions I wanted to ask....oh well, maybe our paths will cross again.

splashmtngurl
06-28-2004, 01:01 PM
wow thats pretty special, getting to meet the new president of the park....you know, based on what i have heard about him, i belive that Walt would have been very pleased to have him as an employee!

bummer you couldnt ask him a little more about what he was planning to do with the park! might have been interesting to see what is in store for all of us DL fans.......hmm..... ;)

Lani
06-28-2004, 01:16 PM
All in all in our less than 5 minutes together I was super impressed...
What a great story -- thanks for sharing!

You know, I don't mean to idolize him or anything, but that's just the kind of personal interaction I'm glad to see. I don't know that Paul Pressler would've been so nice...

splashmtngurl
06-28-2004, 01:25 PM
i agree with the paul pressler thing.......i met him once and he didnt even say hello as he passed through the elevator and into the disneyland resort conference room....perhaps he was busy but a nice "hi how are you today" would have been nice..........great story though.......i'm glad to see someone so friendly and caring working in the Disney Company.

sediment
06-28-2004, 01:29 PM
I consider it the ultimate compliment to Matt and Cast Members when we can consider the park president to be a Cast Member.
The last ones were soooo NOT Cast Members, and I think they preferred it that way.

splashmtngurl
06-28-2004, 01:33 PM
LOL...............no kiddin.........

sediment
06-28-2004, 03:46 PM
Yes, the truth can hurt from laughing too hard at it.

splashmtngurl
06-29-2004, 07:55 AM
:)