PDA

View Full Version : Where to find Dole Whips

shalisat
06-24-2004, 02:02 PM
I'd really like to enjoy a Dole Whip while I'm at Disneyland. Could someone please let me know where I might find one so I don't have to look too hard? Thanks.

Lani
06-24-2004, 02:06 PM
Shalisat -- as far as I know, there is only one place in Disneyland that sells Dole Whips: That's at the Enchanted Tiki Room. The pineapple stand is by the attraction's entrance, and you don't have to go into the attraction to order.

Bill Catherall
06-24-2004, 03:10 PM
...and you don't have to go into the attraction to order.
But I highly recommend you do. ;) And you can take your food in with you.

MouseWife
06-24-2004, 03:20 PM
I really don't have anything to add to this except that

I knew Bill C. would post to this!! Aren't you the Dole Whip King?

And I still have never had one. I think because I never go on a really hot day.

Maybe. :geek:

TikiTiki
06-24-2004, 03:40 PM
There is absolutely nothing better than a Dole Whip in the Tiki Room. Of course, I am extremely biased. :p

On a hot day.. grab one and walk thru that area of the Park. I always have people ask me "Oh! Where did you get THAT??!"

It's my first post and I can't believe it's about the Whips and Tiki room! Haha! :D

MouseWife
06-24-2004, 03:55 PM
Ha ha! Too funny, Tiki Tiki! Yep, your first post about the Tiki Room and Dole Whips! Such irony!! :D

Okay, well, going by your name anyways.

So, ya wanna share how you came up with your name?

cstephens
06-24-2004, 03:59 PM
And I still have never had one. I think because I never go on a really hot day.

But you don't need to wait for a hot day! It's pretty much good any time. I've recently discovered the wonders of a dole whip (I'd had it previously and just thought it was ok, but now - they're great!), and it's a tasty treat. It's not as cold as ice cream, so the temperature doesn't matter all that much.

TikiTiki
06-24-2004, 04:01 PM
Ha ha! Too funny, Tiki Tiki! Yep, your first post about the Tiki Room and Dole Whips! Such irony!! :D

Okay, well, going by your name anyways.

So, ya wanna share how you came up with your name?

Well, I was just getting ready to join MousePad. Was trying to figure out what I love the most and I ALWAYS have to go to the Tiki Room. No matter what. SO Sad if it's not open! :( And my lil one? We must attend the Tiki Room at least 3 times a day ;).. and I always lead the way!

I love the whips.. the WHOLE Tiki God experience.. I suspend ALL reality and those birds are SINGING and TALKING to ME! LOL!

So, while I was getting my account set up here, this topic popped up when I got my approval. Soooooooooo.. here I am! .. with the perfect name for me :D

MouseWife
06-24-2004, 05:06 PM
That is a very good story about your name, Tiki Tiki!! So sweet your little one isn't afraid of the birds!! {a lot of kids are...}

cstephens~ I will have to try it then on one of the cloudy days I go!! Someday maybe our paths will cross and we can share one! I mean, our own but enjoy them together.... :geek:

rentayenta
06-24-2004, 06:15 PM
You must try a whip, they are delish.

I love The Tiki Room. Good times.

Emma
06-24-2004, 08:16 PM
Dole Whips are the best!!

On my last trip to DL my husband got carried away with them and had waaaay to many. :rolleyes:

While I really enjoyed the Dole Whip, I was not a fan of the Dole Whip Float.

shalisat
06-25-2004, 07:15 AM
I'm going to be at DL over the first week in September and read on the refurbishment schedule that the Tiki room will be closed during that time. Will the pinapple stand also be closed, thus no dole whips?

Bill Catherall
06-25-2004, 11:44 AM
I knew Bill C. would post to this!! Aren't you the Dole Whip King? You know, it's really kind of ironic...I'm not that big of a fan of the Dole Whips sold at Disneyland. I think it's because when I think of pineapple I think "tart," but Dole Whips are not tart at all, so they are just kind of "not great." I don't dislike them, but there are other treats I'd rather spend my money on. I haven't tried the Dole Whip float yet though. That might be just the ticket.

On the other hand, I love my homemade Dole Whip. ;)

Oh...a homemade Dole Whip float made with pineapple soda! I know what I'm making tomorrow!

MouseWife
06-25-2004, 03:20 PM
Well, heck, if it wasn't you then who the heck was it was was crazy about the Dole Whips??

I am actually having a memory from way back when I first was on posting...Who can it be then? :confused:

Fantasmic Fan
06-25-2004, 07:31 PM
I'm going to be at DL over the first week in September and read on the refurbishment schedule that the Tiki room will be closed during that time. Will the pinapple stand also be closed, thus no dole whips?

Unfortunately, from what I have heard is that there will be no dole whips while the Tiki room is closed. :(

Bill Catherall
06-25-2004, 07:56 PM
Well, heck, if it wasn't you then who the heck was it was was crazy about the Dole Whips??
No, I think your memory is correct. I was so crazy for the homemade Dole Whips (and helping people with the recipe, bringing it to the NorCal potluck, etc.) that I think a lot of people interpreted that to mean that I like the ones sold in the park. That's why it's ironic. But then, there are so many people who are uber-crazy for the Dole Whips, so I'm sure you don't have to look far to find someone else who was posting about them too. :)

rakkwhite
06-26-2004, 10:21 AM
Unfortunately, from what I have heard is that there will be no dole whips while the Tiki room is closed. :(

Darn! I'm not going back until August and I've never had a Dole Whip! I stopped by to get one this last Tuesday and they were temporarily closed. Maybe a shift change or something. Later it was open, but I had just eaten dinner and I wasn't enthused about it at that time. Never got back, and I guess I won't for a very long time. :crying:

DisneylandForever
06-27-2004, 05:51 AM
Does anybody remember when they sold more than just pineapple Dole whips? Back in the day (I was VERY young, just have faint memories of this) they used to sell pineapple AND orange! And in addition to the Tiki Bar, they also sold them on Main street! I remember being heartbroken when they 'discontinued' orange, my favorite flavor. But that doesn't mean I haven't had myself a pineapple whip every single trip since!

What's this I'm reading about homemade whips? Where could a fella score the recipe for that?

06-27-2004, 09:43 AM
What's this I'm reading about homemade whips? Where could a fella score the recipe for that?

Don't let Bill "Dole Whip" Catherall fool you. He turned on the entire Pad to Homemade Pineapple Dole Whip (http://www.dole.com/health/recipes/desserts/pin.icee.whip.jsp).

DisneylandForever
06-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Duh! I can't believe I didn't even think of trying Dole's website! Thanks for the link, 3894!

Guess what I'm having for dessert tonight?

; )

Bill Catherall
06-27-2004, 07:09 PM
Don't let Bill "Dole Whip" Catherall fool you. He turned on the entire Pad to Homemade Pineapple Dole Whip (http://www.dole.com/health/recipes/desserts/pin.icee.whip.jsp).
That recipe was okay. Not quite the same as Disney's though. The recipe at "At Home Imagineering" (http://www.doombuggyproductions.com/DoleWhip.html) is much closer. (Hopefully that page displays correctly for you. I get images on top of text. I suspect it wasn't coded right and only works on a few browsers.) But I modified it further by using only 4 cups of heavy whipping cream and no milk. Also, refrigerate it for 1-2 hours before freezing in your ice cream maker.

I like this stuff much better than the stuff at the Tiki Room (unfortunately I don't have a Tiki Room to enjoy it in).

MouseWife
06-28-2004, 08:45 AM
You mean you haven't made your own 'Tiki Room'? I actually was thinking of fixing up the patio for the summer that way...but we have too many spiders...

Okay, this sounds so delicious. I am so craving pineapple now. I hope I have some...Dole or not!!!

mad4mky
06-28-2004, 09:40 AM
I had one at the Honolulu Airport yesterday! :D Tasted just as good as Disneyland's...(although I did miss the ambience of Adventureland and the Tiki Room! ;) ).

**We were on our way back from Kona...(Big Island)... :crying:

MouseWife
06-28-2004, 10:50 AM
Ya know, Peggy, I would settle for one at Disneyland right now. LOL

But you had one in Honolulu??? :cool:

You didn't bring home any Tiki Gods with you, did you??

Oh, and THAT'S where you've been!!! ;)