PDA

View Full Version : Internet Connection Around DLR?

pixiepal
06-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Does anyone know of a public place (maybe an internet cafe, or one of the hotels) that I can plug my laptop into for an internet connection? I am coming down to DLR this weekend, and will be needing to get online for about 15 minutes or so on Monday morning. I am staying at an offsite hotel near the resort...any ideas?
Thanks!

Tinker Bell
06-24-2004, 09:14 AM
I know that DLH has a business room near Goofys kitchen that you can get online at.When staying there I have used it.Maybe the other hotels have the same.

julia
06-24-2004, 10:42 AM
Hi,

If you have a dial-up connection, then, you can just plug into the phone jack in any hotel room to get on-line. (That's what I do and find the local phone/access charge to be much more affordable than paying for access in the business centers.)

There is a business center with computers, printers, fax machines, high-speed access in the Grand Californian. It is a quiet place to work, it never seems busier than a couple of others and rates for access were reasonable compared to other business centers that I've used. It is located behind the convention center at GCH, next to the Downtown Disney entrance - facing the front desk, turn to the right and proceed straight down the hallway past the convention center.

Best Regards,
Julia

pixiepal
06-24-2004, 11:18 AM
Thank you all for your help!

Forbin
06-24-2004, 02:27 PM
Both the Hilton and Marriot have a Starbucks inside and they should give Wi-Fi Access for $6/day.

Pat-n-Eil
06-25-2004, 08:44 AM
I wish I had a dial-up connection, but my local DSL provider does not offer any. So using the phone jack in the room is not feasable.

I do have Verizon and their Quick2Net service works okay for just doing email, but it is pretty slow.

I recall that the Park Inn Anaheim 2 years ago had a high speed internet terminal in the lobby that you could pay for by the minute.. but I don't think it allowed you to plug in your laptop.. it was just a computer setup that had a browser and such.

The Paradise Pier (where we will be staying) and the Grand Californian both have business centers. They have terminals you can rent for a fee or they will allow you to plug into their network with your laptop for free.

It would be nice if they equipped these hotels with WiFi wouldn't it?

Darkbeer
06-25-2004, 11:55 AM
The Howard Johnson's on Harbor offers free High-Speed Internet access in every room. It is a cable connection, so you need to have a network plug, or get an USB device.....

They provide the cable....

pixiepal
06-25-2004, 04:51 PM
Do you have to be a guest to use the business centers at the Disney Hotels?

SoCalDisneyLover
06-26-2004, 01:06 AM
So long as you give them money, they will let you use the center regardless of whether you're a guest of the hotel or not.