PDA

View Full Version : Peoplemover

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Ace
11-05-2001, 04:39 PM
What do you guys think the chances are of Peoplemover being returned to Disneyland are? I think they should do that for the 50th anniversary!! It wouldn't be too expensive, they could make it into an E-ticket, and I would love it.... aww....that ride ruled...(past tense) and will rule (FUTURE TENSE FOO)

Morrigoon
11-05-2001, 04:49 PM
E-ticket my foot, they tried that and failed...miserably.

Peoplemover is a perfectly nice b- or c-ticket attraction. And I wish it WOULD return. I like E-tickets as much as the next person, but what makes DL, DL instead of MM is the fact that they have those B through D ticket attractions.

Besides... Peoplemover was eye candy for that land. Stupid Astro-Orbiter just doesn't do it for me (it's pretty and ugly at the same time... and I miss the Astro-Jets up high.)

zapppop
11-05-2001, 05:05 PM
The track is still there, it's less expensive than the Rocket Rods and people still wanna see it return, so it IS possible, but who knows.

A Tomorrowland overhaul for the 50th anniversary would be great.

Morrigoon
11-05-2001, 05:17 PM
How much worse could it get? ;)

zapppop
11-05-2001, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
How much worse could it get? ;)

Ne jamais dire cela!

jake99
11-05-2001, 05:59 PM
yea people movers war awesome
maybe a redisgned version to look a little more modern but
i just hope they dont tear that track down and at least put something up there

mrlop
11-05-2001, 06:21 PM
they should have it like the people movers meets that spiderman/lasertag ride in universal or something.

Basically have it Buzz lightyear themed most likely and you ride through at maybe people movers speed or a little faster and there are little laser guns in the cart you are in and you shoot some things on the walls as you ride through some tunnels, make some targets on the monorail or autopia cars and r2-d2 and when you get off the ride everyone gets their score posted at the end about accuracy, shots fired, hit percentage, etc. etc. and maybe you won saved the galaxy from the evil zorg or something.

sounds like fun to me and it will create a line which will take away from the lines to space mountain and star tours, or it will be like the people movers use to be, where there really wasn't much of a line because it is just a cruise along.

i am smart
S.M.R.T.

mrcoffee
11-05-2001, 06:32 PM
Maybe just speed it up to the speed of the one at WDW? It's a little faster, but still relaxing. (Of course, the WDW one is also a lot longer, so speeding the one up at DL would make everything a blur as it does by.. I can hear the onboard commentary now: "There's Space Mountain! There's Star tours! They're the monorail!" )

zapppop
11-05-2001, 06:34 PM
I wish they would replace Innoventions with the Buzz ride.

Ace
11-05-2001, 06:49 PM
re-re doing Tommorowland would be like saying "Yeah, we failed. Let's give it another go!"

Chances of that coming from Eisner and/or Pressler....

.OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO1

jake99
11-05-2001, 06:51 PM
yea innovetions is so boring people go to disneyland to escape work and school not to go learn about worthless ****

Ace
11-05-2001, 07:14 PM
you're all wrong....here's how it goes... 3.2.1...lift off...

After walking in (it's the transportation of tommorow, there's no wait) you go up the always working speeds ramps (a.k.a. the moving walkways) and get onto the moving ramp. A sign will ask you what language you speak, and a CM will set your specific car to play that language. You get into your cooler looking car and it pulls out of the station, and the roof comes down. You go off on your adventures, like the old kind except now everything is updated and futuristic, except a couple times it lets you choose where you want to go. The car will have an A button and a B button. A voice will come on and ask you to select a path, telling you what lies on each path. Certain paths might even have an exit into another station. To reenter onto the main path, the cars will stop until there is an opening and will then proceed on their way.

Morrigoon
11-05-2001, 08:24 PM
We should get CoP back... or America Sings. But CoP would be less AA's

They could update the show... do the complete old show downstairs, with original stage 4, then go upstairs and have stationary stages do each of the later stage 4s (rehash the dialog slightly so that each one doesn't act like the ending. Then a display or hands-on exhibit with some of the objects/technology through the ages to fill the rest of the space there (until 20 years go by and we need another stage ;))

How about an Audio-animatronic Walt, doing a speech on the wonders of modern technology? Or even a stage How many of us wouldn't just kill to see an AA Walt talking to us?

Okay, okay wait, I'm advancing this a bit more....

When you get upstairs, you are greeted by the 5th and final stage "modern day". Elsewhere in the area, you have the changing technology exhibit. You also have a stage with an AA Walt doing one of his introduction to Disneyland speeches (from the Disneyland tv show) This would be coolest if he had 4 speeches, taken from different times in DL history: 1)pre-disneyland intro to the park, 2)Opening day speech, 3 and 4 from later in the park's history, maybe the 1959 new TL and Disneyland at Night,or something like that. Walt would have a screen behind him showing the actual tv show clip (but maybe make it freeze on an image over parts that show Walt doing the speaking)

This leads me back to my old idea that we need a Disneyland Museum. Like, a permanent "Architecture of Reassurance" exhibit.

zapppop
11-05-2001, 08:28 PM
I think that area is the ideal place for the Buzz Lightyear ride. That way CircleVision, PeopleMover and Buzz could all co-exist. :)

coronamouseman
11-05-2001, 08:56 PM
Bring back CofP only with a Star Wars theme - 4 separate scenes from the 4 movies using 3-D and other state-of-art effects

(1) Moss Eisley Cantina
(2) Battle on Ice Planet
(3) Speeder fight
(4) Battle with Darth Maul

Nigel2
11-05-2001, 10:39 PM
Just to clarify the track for PM is gone, remember they took it out when they put in the track for RR, the structure to hold the track is still there, but to replace it would cost alot of money also. But the chances of it coming back are the same as PoC geting back the chasing scene in all its Politically Icorrect glory.

stinkerbell
11-06-2001, 06:30 AM
Oh, my heart hurts. Peoplemover was my favorite non-E ticket ride forever. I can't stand to be in Tomorrowland anymore. It's so un-Walt-like. It's not futuristic, it's just ugly. I loved the kitschy 50's-60's era exteriors and the 80's interiors. While I know that is not futuristic either, it sure was cool.

Ace
11-06-2001, 01:19 PM
I think that show thing that morrigoon talked about could be a part of the switching tracks...the peoplemovers would go very slowly in a circle a stage where "walt" would speak...

innerSpaceman
11-06-2001, 04:36 PM
OK, all these new-fangled ideas for a revamped Peoplemover are great, but I just want the old fuddy duddy ride back, crappy Tron Tunnel and all. I want someplace to just sit and mosey along slowly thru Tomorrowland. Something you can be guaranteed to walk-on at any time, and be treated to a completely mellow ride where you can just hang with your friends and glide along in peaceful relaxation.

Peoplemover, Peoplemover! Where have you gone?!? Come back, Peoplemover, Come back!

Ace
11-06-2001, 04:44 PM
ahh Innerspaceman is sooo right...the best part was seeing all the rides in Tommorowland and hearing the commentary and always walking on and just sitting down and relaxing...I think, If I ever built a theme park there would be a Peoplemover type ride that took 20 minutes and went all over the park and showed all the rides....yeah, that'd rule....

stinkerbell
11-06-2001, 04:51 PM
The tron part was my favorite. Stop, my heart seriously hurts over this thread.......The peoplemover represented the best of Tomorrowland--the transportation theme, as well as viewing all the attractions of TL on one ride. Oh, my heart is heavy right now.:crying:

Morrigoon
11-06-2001, 04:53 PM
If they were to change peoplemover in any way...

I would actually like them to keep the SAME visual apprearance (the design of the exterior, colors and all), but I would like them to make the vehicles with more leg room... just elongate the vehicles by like 6-12 inches. Maybe they could make one vehicle in each chain accessible by doing the elongation and making one bench lift up to reveal securing devices. I wonder if that would work?

coronamouseman
11-06-2001, 05:56 PM
All of the various comments here and in other threads regarding closing or closed Disney attractions seem to say the same thing:
part of the fun of DL or WDW are the "minor" attractions such as the peoplemover, the skyway or even the 20K or DL submarines - they just provide more "flavor" and brief respites from the more physically (SM, BTM in MK; Indy, SM, M, BTM in DL) taking attractions.

Unfortunately, current Disney management appears to be fixated on closing down any attraction which does not require a Fastpass

Too bad - if a lot of the "themed" attractions start to go then MK or DL might become more like SFMM - a bunch of rides searching for thematic cohesion.

Ace
11-06-2001, 07:13 PM
yeah, let's all write letters to imagineering and tell them that a lot of people would like this ride back... even in it's old form. someone find that e-mail address!

innerSpaceman
11-06-2001, 07:21 PM
Morrigoon, when you say you'd like the old colors back, do you mean the White look with different colored stripes, or do you mean the original design with different, solid colors on each train of cars?

And I'm with stinkerbell, this thread is actually too sad to endure.