PDA

View Full Version : Getting around the parks

Lynnepitt
06-22-2004, 08:58 AM
I'm looking to book a couple of the character meals and also make reservations at the Blue Bayou. However, as I haven't been before, I'm unsure as to whether I'll be spending my time rushing around to make sure I get to the restaurant on time. How difficult is it to get around the parks?
Would most of the journey be on foot or is the monorail a good idea?

06-22-2004, 09:09 AM
Once you're inside Disneyland, you can go by foot or travel between the lands by train.

Disneyland is not overwhelmingly large but you will have to push through the ocean of people sometimes. And, of course, you'll want to wear comfortable shoes.

rentayenta
06-22-2004, 09:12 AM
Personally, I have never found it hard to make my way around and that's with 3 small kids in tow. Just give yourself plenty of time to get where you are trying to go. You can always people watch if you are early. Some of our best character interactions have been when we were waiting for something else and just happen to be in the right place at the right time. If you are going to do Goofy's Kitchen for brekkie, make an early reservation.

And remember, you will be at the Happiest Place on Earth so what could really go wrong? ;)

Bill Catherall
06-22-2004, 09:22 AM
The Monorail can only connect you between 2 points: Tomorrowland and the far reaches of Downtown Disney. It's nice if you are staying in the Disneyland Hotel (or other hotels in that area or want to eat in a restaurant out there) and it can be faster than walking. But if you're trying to get to the Blue Bayou from, say, DCA than it's faster to just walk.

As 3894 mentioned, the Disneyland Railroad has stops on Main St., New Orlean's Square, Toontown, and Tomorrowland. If you're in a hurry to get somewhere, the train could actually slow you down because you can never really anticipate the wait times at the stations. But it is a nice ride around from point A to either B, C, or D. Just keep in mind that strollers have to be folded. I think the same holds true for the Monorail.