PDA

View Full Version : Halloween @ DL

scrapandi
06-21-2004, 08:52 AM
I have checked several places but thus far my search has been unsuccessful. I am going to DL Oct 31 through Nov. 2 and I was just wondering if there were any costume restrictions or any special events at the park on Halloween. I am a little suprised that DL's site doesn't have their cal. up for these dates. Was hoping that I could get the answer I seek here.
Thanks

stan4d_steph
06-21-2004, 08:57 AM
Adult in costumes are not allowed into the park unless it is for a special event. Enforcement of this rule may vary. There has been a screening of the Nightmare Before Christmas around Halloween the past few years, but that has been cancelled this year.

One thing that does happen on Halloween is the appearance of a lot of the Disney villains doing meet and greet. If you are a fan of the villains there are several that appear on this day only, as far as I know (Hades and Shan-Yu come to mind).

rentayenta
06-21-2004, 09:16 AM
We did DL on Halloween 3 years ago and the only non CM people in costumes were the children. It was princess mayhem ;)

It was really fun though and you don't have to worry about razors in a $4 Disney caramel apple.

scrapandi
06-21-2004, 04:22 PM
well, no worries over the princess thing, my 3 yo dd wants to be a villian, no matter how many other ideas I bring up. I say Wendy she says Captain Hook, I say Jasmine she is fascinated with Jafar. I guess the villians just have more fun!

Forbin
06-21-2004, 04:53 PM
She wants to be Jafar eh?

You just GOT to get her to Aladdin's Oasis, they pick some kid to be Jafar...it's gonna be a riot if she gets picked.

Unfortunately the last Jafar I saw couldn't handle the applause at the end and started Crying :(

Bruce Bergman
06-21-2004, 05:18 PM
I have checked several places but thus far my search has been unsuccessful. I am going to DL Oct 31 through Nov. 2 and I was just wondering if there were any costume restrictions or any special events at the park on Halloween. I am a little suprised that DL's site doesn't have their cal. up for these dates. Was hoping that I could get the answer I seek here.
Thanks

Adults can get dressed up, but no character costumes that duplicate (or might be mistaken for) any Disney or other current characters, no masks, no stage makeup or prosthetics. (Not an official description of the rules - if you plan to push it and want to check first rather than get turned away at the gate, call and find out exactly what will and won't fly.)

Normal (or abnormal, depending on your outlook) "Getting Dressed Up" is allowed - Business suits, sportcoat and slacks, cocktail dresses, Zoot Suits, Goth Black Wear, Tuxes, Poodle skirts and 50's suits & bowling shirts & stuff, that kind of thing is just fine. :rolleyes:

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--