PDA

View Full Version : World of Disney - Employee Retraining - RANT

Forbin
06-20-2004, 09:42 PM
Ok this is a bit of a rant because of the issues I found when trying to shop in the World of Disney Store in DLR.

I was just looking for a robe for my wife.

The person in the store asks if I needed help, I asked where they sell the robes I saw in Disney Catalogue. The person responds, 'Oh I'm sorry, this is my first day and I don't know where anything is'. I'm like HUH? You are in the front of the store directing people and you don't know where anything is? Well he directs me to the nearest Cash Register. Strike 1

So I'm at the Cash Register and the girl there goes, 'Sorry Sir, the items in the catalogue aren't sold in this store" Darn! So I ask about Robes and she says, 'Sir we do not sell any robes in this store.' So I walk toward the exit...stopping at the The WHITE ROBES with a little colorful Mickey on the pocket. $65. Yikes. 2 for 2 that needs retraining.

I decide that Robes is too much and go looking for the Towels that I saw inside DCA. I go into the center of the WoD and a gentlemen asks if I need help, I ask for the Towels. He goes 'Umm..I don't think so, see if someone in the center knows'. 3 for 3.

So I go into the center of the store and see a girl just standing around (I assume she is there to answer questions). I ask about the towels. She goes 'Umm...it's my first day '(AGAIN?) 'But I can ask a supervisor.' Great! While 4 for 4 at least she is going to take me to a supervisor.

The supervisor (I assume since he was wearing a ton of Flare), goes 'If we have any left, they are under that Flying Dumbo'. Woohoo! Score! So I go there. I'm in the middle of a bunch of Plush Dolls in the princess section. Not a piece of Cloth in sight that isn't related to a doll. /sigh 5 out 5 that needs retraining. Even if they are out, they would at least have SOMETHING that looks towel related there.

Ok so this is a rant but I really think the management at World of Disney needs to look at their staff. At the rate they are at all they are going to do is just ring people up. The people are expected to find things inside of the Disney Store.

Niwel
06-20-2004, 10:06 PM
I agree -- you can't work an attraction until you are properly trained, so why should it be different for the stores? I once went to WoD and asked if they had anything with Cogsworth on it. The CM said to me "Who is that?"
We were trained at the Disney Store that if we didn't know an answer instead of saying no right away to say, "Let me check." Then we would go to the manager and find the answer.
It is one thing to not know if they have the merchandise -- but they should AT LEAST know who the charcters are. It's not like I asked for Diablo (Sleeping Beauty), Horace (101 Dalmations) or Evenrude (The Rescuers).
BTW they DID have a mug with him and the rest of the characters (which I found on my own).

SCUBAbe
06-21-2004, 07:29 AM
I've always had very good service at the WOD. However, I never ask for directions where things are in the store. It's pretty obvious to me whats in what section.

I was having trouble making a keychain once. I asked a girl to help me and she said she was not sure how to do it, but she would get someone. She was back in less than 5 minutes with a young man. She did a brief introduction and explained what I needed. All I was expecting was a brief how to...but he made the whole thing for me. He was even patient with all the changes I kept making. He probably had to start over 3 times. I figured out how to do it by watching him and offered to take over, but he said no and finished it for me. It was a very nice experience.. :)