PDA

View Full Version : Current park crowds

Ghoulish Delight
11-05-2001, 11:12 AM
There hasn't been a post in over an hour and half! Is everyone okay?!?! :p

AAAAAnyway. It's been a couple weeks since I've been to DLR (what's wrong with me?). What are crowds like on a) weeknights after 6 and b) weekends these days? Okay, I know the answer for DCA, but what about DL? Are HMH lines still bad? And for that matter, what's the Fantasyland situation? Have they closed Peter Pan and Toads for renovation yet?

Niwel
11-05-2001, 12:03 PM
Went yesterday (Sunday) ... Compared to a typical Sunday, it was EMPTY!!!
Used a fastpass for Roger Rabbit (standby was 30 minutes around 3:00)
Used an unneccesary fastpass for Big Thunder. (Wait was 5 minutes at 6pm)
My longest wait was 20 minutes or so for Storybook Boats.
My friend and I went on Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, HM and Indy in one hour. 9am-10am
It was raining/drizzling yesterday, which might have had an impact. But it cleared up and Alice was able to run;)
Peter and Toad were both running.
Holiday decor was beautiful
SW Holiday was great!
Got crowded around Believe! (A lot of people hopped over from DCA).
Go now if you can!
:D

Disney Crone/Kid
11-05-2001, 12:51 PM
Since we are usually there weekdays, after work, we thought it was "kinda busy" and far from empty, yesterday afternoon. It's all relative, ya know.

Usually we can walk on to the Storybook Land Canal boats, but there was a line, as Niwel described. The Mansion line was about 15-20 minutes long. No Fast pass needed.

I don't well in crowded crowds, so I prefer the elbow room and the space to spread out. There was no jostling as in the summer. No sense of claustrophobia.

The temperature was perfect. My black turtleneck tunic and leggings were actually too warm, and I didn't need my jacket until much later in the evening.

The castmembers are friendlier, more helpful, and less harried. I flirted with the (older) male cast members, and they flirted back. You know, the harmless, complimentary flirting that us happy marrieds engage in.

Guests are not hot and bothered, and people wear moresmiles on their faces instead of tooo often seen determined, "I'm losing my patience" scowls of the summer months.

November is a good time for Disneyland.

EandCDad
11-05-2001, 01:55 PM
Went on Friday (11/2) arrived at 2 left at 10.

Total Walk-ons:
Haunted Mansion (at about 6pm)
Pirates
Snow White
Pinocchio
its a small world holiday
Monorail

Less than 5 minute wait:
Matterhorn
Jungle Cruise

Less than 10 minute wait:
Alice
Peter Pan
Goofy's Bounce House
Roger Rabbit

Less than 20 minute wait:
Autopia (with FP)

Longest Wait:
The freakin' DL Railroad-30 freakin minutes

We got to Main Street at about 8:45 for the 9:15 fireworks and could basically stand anywhere.

Ghoulish Delight
11-05-2001, 02:44 PM
Yay! Thank you all for the info. I agree with DisneyCrone/Kid. This is my favorite time of year at DL. Heck, it's the reason I have the AP. To be able to go when crowds are down and the weather is cool. Too bad we have to make the anual Matterhorn sacrafice, but I guess I can handle standing in one line during the busy season:rolleyes:

bluepearl
11-05-2001, 03:19 PM
I was there on Saturday, and I was surprised to see that the line for HMH was no longer than 5 or 10 minutes! The crowd wasn't really bad on Saturday.

I think that having this AP is spoiling me. I'll never want to brave summer crowds again. :lol:

Morrigoon
11-05-2001, 05:32 PM
Sure you will... you'll just do different things. Like... peoplewatch!

cemeinke
11-05-2001, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
Too bad we have to make the anual Matterhorn sacrafice

I was there Sunday and the Matterhorn was open. It's great to ride it now at night, poping out to see the Xmas llights on Small World is awesome. And the wait was maybe 15 minutes max.

bluepearl
11-05-2001, 09:12 PM
Morigoon: Ah peoplewatch...that is a popular hobby amongst my friends and I. Nah...if I want to avoid crowds, I could always go to DCA. ;) I spent quite a few hours there this summer alone (thank goodness for Road Trip)!