PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else doing meal vouchers?

Hakuna Makarla
06-19-2004, 04:36 PM
I see a ton on ebay for walt disney world, but none for disneyland california I wonder why? I got a great deal,my travel agent gave mine to me for half price! I bought the 3 day package for all of us, (1 each ) 1 character breakfast, 1 breakfast in the park ( not sure what this is again) 30.00 worth the meal vouchers)and he added in 300.00 worth of meal vouchers for 150.00 CAn I use these any where? Even if I can not use them at the fancy resturants I think eating in the park will still be fun. Any input? thanks

rentayenta
06-20-2004, 12:40 PM
They sound like a good idea and the food in the park is pricey. Do they dole it out as $___ amount per person per day or are they like gift certs redeemable by anyone, anytime?

Hakuna Makarla
06-20-2004, 03:13 PM
LOL! I am not quit sure what to do with them . I have not gotten them yet, I had them included with my package I will pick up next month. I will never go with a package again thoug as my motel room with the package was 239.00 a night can you believe that! I am going to be staying at the carousel and I saw that it was only 99.00 at the time on the web. with a package you get the royal treatment and I do not mean the good stuff LOL! I have never gone thru the travel agent before but do know I will never do this again because I see now I could have saved a ton more then I am spending. But I did purchase the meal package and I will be just as happy to spend them on sandwitches for the kids during the days, and eating at the out side resturants at night. I want to try Tony Roma's ( we do not have them near our town) and I want to find a good sea food resturant. I got a great deal on the meal vouchers as my travel agent went to disneyland last month and came back with a bunch. If I have them I can use them on the food carts I believe, and I do hope some hamberger joints at the park so my kids will be happy. As some one said to me, theres a lot of junk food in the park and I might as well enjoy it! So I plan on letting my kids have what ever they desire and have a ball! I can eat off the fruit carts and watch what I eat and when I get home do damage control on my diet. :)

Hakuna Makarla
06-20-2004, 03:29 PM
I found I had asked these questions before and some one answered them very well for me then.
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=27438&highlight=meal+vouchers
Sorry for asking again, my memory is not up to par ,lately. I am pleased I found the search and got my answers again so I won't be lost. I was searching on the mouseplanet site and not getting my answers from the previous posts. sorry folks, I am learning though LOL!

Emma
06-20-2004, 07:19 PM
If they are the same meal vouchers that they give you when you buy a meal plan with a Walt Disney Travel Company package, then they can be used anywhere in the park-- Vending carts, restaurants, wherever.

That's a great deal!

Darkbeer
06-22-2004, 04:57 PM
A couple of comments about Meal vouchers...

First off, no change is given, so make sure and watch which one you use, save the small ones to the end... you can always use two small ones at the end, but it isn't fun to use a $10 voucher for a $5 purchase, or otherwise you end up buying more than you want...

Another thing, in the past, the price of the meal add on was only about a 5 to 10% savings, and they really give you too much for one person in one day..... so your savings aren't really there...

I know of folks who will buy a 3 day package for a 5 day trip...

But on the other hand, if you got the vouchers at half price, that is a great deal....

Hakuna Makarla
06-22-2004, 05:10 PM
Thanks Darkbeer, I see what your saying. I was thinking I would used some on meals, but If I can buy the great disneyland candy and goodies with the vouchers I want to be able to take them home with me so my family will enjoy.I thought I would use some on meals, then cash in all at once a ton of them on the last day for candys as I can better use all the vouchers this way because candy is sold by weight then I will have used up all monetary amount with out them keeping any extra.Can I spend them at the candy stores?