PDA

View Full Version : TOT Question

soccerlady16
06-19-2004, 11:21 AM
Does anyone know were I can find out how TOT works? What I want to know is this: There are six sevice elevators right? 3 on the lower level and 3 on the upper level. But there are only 3 elevator shafts. That means that every 2 elevators has to share 1 shaft. How does this work? I haven't been able to figure it out.

tod
06-19-2004, 12:07 PM
Think of the elevator car as a two-level car. That may help.

--t

DisneyBob
06-19-2004, 12:23 PM
Yes, there are 6 service elevators...and only 3 shafts. Here is how it works: While one of the elevators is loading Guests (for example on the bottom level), the other one (upper level) is in the drop shaft. When the Guests that loaded from the upper level are done, the other elevator from lower level backs into the drop shaft to begin the ride. Then the upper level elevator will unload, load, and wait until the other one has completed the drop sequence. Sorry if its a little confusing but I hope it helps.

Wesley815
06-19-2004, 12:57 PM
Think of the elevator car as a two-level car. That may help.

--tActually don't think of that at all, it is not a two-level car, and it annoys me when people say that because if you just look at the outside of the attraction when the doors open you DON'T see two elevator cars. Look at the reply above mine for how it works. Each car moves back into the drop shaft when it's it's "turn" to go though the drop cycle. And of course that is the reason why you move backwards as soon as the doors close, you enter the drop shaft when the other level is in the foward position at unload/load area.

Someone else made a gif animation from this message board so I'll post it here (notice the lighting in the hallway is used on the attraction to trick your mind so you don't really notice that you're unloading in the exact same spot you loaded in)-

http://mysite.verizon.net/~res18dpl/tot-elevator.gif

Hope that helps! :)

Wesley815
06-19-2004, 02:08 PM
One other thing I wanted to add since it's too late to edit my post...

Each car is actually just the "holding cage" that moves into the elevator itself. Look though the metal bars when your at load and you can see how there's nothing around you... then you move backwards into the elevator cabin itself, that's where the lights on the celling are located and everything (look up at the celling at load, there is no round evevator lights, just cut out holes in the metal where they go). In other words, the elevator stops, opens it doors, the car moves out of the elevator and into load area, then the elevator goes down and picks up the other car, etc... Hope that makes sense, it's easy to understand when your on the attraction itself.

soccerlady16
06-21-2004, 12:36 PM
Thanks! The diagram really helped!