PDA

View Full Version : Castle Refurb????

baileykat
11-05-2001, 08:24 AM
Was just on Disney web site...they had castle down for refurb starting this past weekend...lasting all the way thru til New Years at least...what's up with that...anyone know if this is accurate...We're going in Dec and I actually enjoy walking thru the castle...I know it's a little cheesy...but I think it's cool...it wouldn't be a whole trip without it....
How can they be refurbing a major attraction during the holiday season or is this part of the holiday thing????

bluepearl
11-05-2001, 08:49 AM
Could it be the entire castle? I was there on Saturday, and I noticed that the Sleeping Beauty attraction inside the castle was closed. Perhaps it's just that section?

zapppop
11-05-2001, 11:37 AM
Perhaps it's cause the castle would make a nice target for terrorists

Napsto
11-05-2001, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by zapppop
Perhaps it's cause the castle would make a nice target for terrorists

i don't think disney would do that.

Niwel
11-05-2001, 11:57 AM
I was there yesterday and was very curious that the castle was down, since the last time I checked the site, the Castle wasn't on the list. but Peter and Toad were (incidently, both of them were open -- surprisingly)
I asked a nearby CM who told me they are refurbishing the inside.
It really needs it in there. The floors need to be cleaned as do the windows and the whole thing can use a polish and paint job.
Hopefuly since they are cleaning it, it means they won't be closing it. Otherwise, why waste the time?

Ralph Wiggum
11-05-2001, 02:43 PM
Actually Terrorist activities could possilbly be a reason but I think its going more with the construction that has been going on all around Fantasyland. Though while we were there for MouseAdventure they did close it reportedly because of the scare of terrorists acts.

merlinjones
11-05-2001, 03:19 PM
While they are at it, the tiles on the roof of the Wishing Well need desperately to be painted to match those on the castle (as they obviously should be). How they missed this when the castle tiles were done is beyond me!

Ghoulish Delight
11-05-2001, 03:32 PM
While they are at it, the tiles on the roof of the Wishing Well need desperately to be painted to match those on the castle (as they obviously should be). How they missed this when the castle tiles were done is beyond me!

I didn't notice the roof tiles, but last time I passed by the wishing well, it looked really good. They had wrapped feaux flowers around the hand rails of the bridge, added a banner sign at one end of it, and cleaned up the actual well pretty nicely. It was good to see them taking care of that oft-forgotten corner. I get the feeling that the rerouting during the Fantasyland refurb as well as the daily increased traffic during fireworks time drew the maintenance crew's attention to it.

merlinjones
11-05-2001, 03:36 PM
>>I didn't notice the roof tiles, but last time I passed by the wishing well, it looked really good. They had wrapped feaux flowers around the hand rails of the bridge, added a banner sign at one end of it, and cleaned up the actual well pretty nicely. It was good to see them taking care of that oft-forgotten corner. I get the feeling that the rerouting during the Fantasyland refurb as well as the daily increased traffic during fireworks time drew the maintenance crew's attention to it.<<

Good! I'll bet they had some promotional money to spend from the Snow White DVD campaign (likely why the Queen has been seen around too).

Not Afraid
11-05-2001, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by merlinjones

Good! I'll bet they had some promotional money to spend from the Snow White DVD campaign (likely why the Queen has been seen around too). [/B]

I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. They are promoting the heck out of the DVD release. The banner that is over the archway entrance matches those in the Snow White window displays that are everywhere.

Whatever it takes - huh?

jslivinski
11-06-2001, 01:03 PM
From Al's DIG update today:

...Sleeping Beauty Castle walk though at Disneyland may never reopen due to security concerns, they are terrified the castle is a target, meanwhile they keep listing it as being "rehabbed"...

Nigel2
11-06-2001, 02:11 PM
Lets just hope he is wrong, oddly is the Cafeteria in Cinderella's castle threatend? That would almost seem like a better target since it's sole purpose as a landmark is to make money.

innerSpaceman
11-06-2001, 04:29 PM
My thread's better than your thread! Actually, when I read about the fate of the walk-thru on today's (11/06/01) Al's Update, I went to the pad to rant, as usual. Looked for the thread on this subject that I knew must be there, but really did not see it. So I started a new one. Sorry to duplicate. Won't rehash my whole opinion, but you can check out that OTHER thread if you'd like. I must say, with all humility (not) that I like my title a little bit better - "Can Sleeping Beauty Walk-Thru Be Revived By Love's First Kiss?"

zapppop
11-06-2001, 07:14 PM
Al a dit ceci dans celui de ses mises a jour precedentes

Ralph Wiggum
11-07-2001, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
Al a dit ceci dans celui de ses mises a jour precedentes

Zapppop!!!(in a motherly voice) ;)

zapppop
11-07-2001, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Ralph Wiggum

Zapppop!!!(in a motherly voice) ;)

Yes mother ?

Napsto
11-13-2001, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Napsto

i don't think disney would do that.
i stnad corrected.

TimBuk2
11-14-2001, 07:27 PM
I think I read an article by Al Lutz that the "walk thru" area was closed for security reasons after 9/11 incident. And don't have any plans for the near future to open it again.
:(