PDA

View Full Version : Fountain in TL

Disney Vault
06-18-2004, 01:50 PM
I think they were called the cosmic rays or i could be way off, but why did they close those water fountains in the center of tomorrow land? I heard it was hard to maintain but now they have water fountains in flicks fun fair so why would they build more if they couldnt keep the old ones?

Bill Catherall
06-18-2004, 02:54 PM
The chlorinated water was destroying the rubberized asphalt surface. I don't know if that was the main problem, but it was certainly a problem.

Also, it seemed to be a prime spot for injury. With the water squirting straight up in their faces, little kids would run around with their eyes closed and bash right into each other. Yeah, tell the kids not to run...an obvious solution right? No, most kids, if they obey, will only do so until they see some other kid running around. Then they forget they were told not to run. So you have a bunch of parents standing around yelling "don't run" so they can be heard over the screaming kids and noise of the Orbitron, and kids still keep knocking heads. I hated that fountain. :rolleyes:

DCAWhites
06-18-2004, 02:55 PM
the name was cosmic waves, so your memories are pretty good. As for why it closed, no idea, but I do know the magic kingdom in WDW has a similar granite boulder than can be rotated, and no fountains either.

SCUBAbe
06-18-2004, 04:15 PM
I heard it was because of the children urinating as well as other things in it. On hot days parents would strip their kids down and let them play in the water. They over cloranated it because of the smell and bacteria.....the picture that accomadated the story showed a small child standing in his/her underwear in front of the cosmic waves...