PDA

View Full Version : Guest concerns

DisneyBob
06-18-2004, 11:13 AM
Whenever you see something that can be considered a "show distraction" (rust, scratched off paint, etc), do you ever tell a Cast Member or write to the Guest communications department?

When I was at DCA last time (a few months ago), I emailed Guest communications and told them that more than half the lights on the Sunwheel were out... They emailed me back with the generic "your concerns will be forwarded to the proper department"... And the next time I visited, all the lights had been replaced, and the animation was back on. Some of my friends have even notified them of places that deserve a paint job... and they listened! I am happy to see that the Resort listens to guest concerns.

Niwel
06-18-2004, 11:38 AM
Good for you DisneyBob. Many guests don't think it will make a difference so they don't say anything. If enough people notice a bad show it makes for a bad experience.
After going through Mr. Toad one morning I noticed a lot of the worklights (the lights in the attraction that are on over night or when it is down for repairs) were on in several sections. I told the CM at the unload about it and at first she looked kind of shocked that I even knew what the worklights were.
When I went back on Toad later that night I noticed they had been turned off. I don't think it was just me, but again, if enough people say something, maybe it will change.
The same holds true when you see something good (i.e. the repainting on Main Street). If you like it, tell Guest Relations.

cstephens
06-18-2004, 04:31 PM
Whenever you see something that can be considered a "show distraction" (rust, scratched off paint, etc), do you ever tell a Cast Member or write to the Guest communications department?

I only do it when it's something that I think is a big enough deal, and in most cases, I send an email using the feedback function on the website. To me, it's a matter of picking my battles.

In another case, though, we were at Millionaire a couple of weeks ago, and the keypunch pad that my husband was using didn't work well - when he pushed "A", the light for "C" would light up, and a few times, he didn't push anything, and some random letter would light up. After the show, he went to tell one of the techs about the problem. The tech was very thankful and apologized for the problem. We figured that was a problem that would directly and negatively affect someone, so it seemed best to just let them know right then and there.

Polar33
06-18-2004, 08:26 PM
From a CM perspective, I'd like to say that you all have the right idea. Just keep in mind that there is no single way as a guest that you should go about doing it. If you feel the need to report an issue, by all means go ahead and do it, but think about what the best possible way would be to go about it.

For example, an immediate show concern such as an anamatronic figure on Pirates that is having major issues should definitely be reported to the next Pirates CM you encounter. They will most likely then have someone who is available go on a ride-through to check it out, and then they may close the ride until it can be repaired.

A safety concern should be immediately brought to a CM's attention as well, preferably one with access to a phone.

Things that cannot, or don't need to be addressed immediately (such as paint, burnt out bulbs, etc.) should be brought up at guest relations and they can arrange for work to be done after closing. You can bring up non-immediate concerns to CMs at the location of the concern, but if that CM is busy it may easily be forgotten about and then not resolved.

Also keep in mind that a lot of things cannot happen overnight. The work crews are stretched very thin at the moment with the 50th hoopla coming up and they are working hard to do everything necessary, but it is causing delays. And a lot of things may require special equipment or materials and those take time to procure as well. So don't get too dismayed if something that you report doesn't get taken care of right away.