PDA

View Full Version : So close, yet so far.

nightdesigns
06-18-2004, 08:06 AM
The other day I was in DCA taping a television show. I was physically in the park, and didn't get to ride a single ride. Heck, I didn't even make it out of the warf area. I was soooo bumbed. I was hoping to get enough free time to head over to TOT, but no go.

The bean counters have obviously thought about this too, because they made us park over at the TDA parking structure and shuttle us in. Even if we had stayed after our shoot, it would have been quite a hike back to that structure.

FYI, there is a set of 3 people mover cars outside the TDA building.

stan4d_steph
06-18-2004, 08:10 AM
That is a bummer. What were you taping?

I had a similar situation when I came back to CA to help out with MouseAdventure. I was in DL but didn't see any attractions except the Main St. Cinema.

jrad32
06-18-2004, 08:31 AM

Anybody have any info on this? Come on all you detectives and people with insider information and contacts. Is this something to get excited about?

cstephens
06-18-2004, 08:31 AM

Haven't those been there for quite some time? I remember being in that area quite some time ago, and some people I know took pictures with them sitting in one of them.

JeffG
06-18-2004, 11:27 AM
Those People Mover cars have been there at least since 1997, the only time I've ever been to TDA. The group I was with had walked over there to visit the DCA preview center, which was there at the time.

-Jeff

SCUBAbe
06-18-2004, 01:43 PM
this happened to me also. My job had a 4 day seminar that I was sent to. I was staying in the PP hotel, but it was called somehting different then. Anyway, my work made sure that the workshops were almost to the exact operating schedule of the park. Sometimes there would be an hour left for DL to be opened, but I didn't have an AP then so I didn't go. I was sad to be staying there for 4 days and not be able to go to the park. On a plus note, I did get to watch the construction for DCA for four days.. :)