PDA

View Full Version : Matresses at the GCH

EeyoreAdorer
06-17-2004, 03:19 PM
Does anyone happen to know what matresses the hotel uses for their beds? They are soooo comfortable. I was there in Dec/Jan and forgot to pull up the bedding and check. I suppose that I could call the hotel, but I thought I'd check here first. Macys is having a matress sale soon and all three of our beds are due.

Thanks!! :)

sleepyjeff
06-17-2004, 03:23 PM
If you really want a good bed go to a local foam store and have a Latex Rubber Core topped with 5# visco elastic foam. Have them cover it with a Terry cloth like material......Heaven..............believe me I know of what I post :fez:

MouseWife
06-17-2004, 10:23 PM
I don't know but I wanted to add that the one night I stayed there I thought the same thing!! I usually do not do well in hotel beds, waking up with a sore back early and eager to get out of bed {so NOT me!!}.

That night it was spring forward and I lost an hour BUT I did not notice it! I hope you get your dream mattress!!

Opus1guy
06-17-2004, 10:32 PM
I've slept in 'em many times and they are comfortable. I didn't think they were anything especially fantastic though. I think it mainly had to do with their general newness.

You want the best standard hotel bed out there? Try Westin Hotels and Resorts world famous "Heavenly Bed"

http://www.starwood.com/westin/service/reservations_service.html

Man...those puppies are great! But warning 'ya...they're expensive to purchase for your home too!

MouseWife
06-17-2004, 10:38 PM
You know, I thought that back then, too. It has been a few years and it hadn't been open long.

Thanks for the links!