PDA

View Full Version : So. California Discount is back - with a twist...

Tink
11-05-2001, 06:34 AM
THis morning I heard a commercial for the So. Cal Discount for DLR. I didn't catch it all but I think that I heard 2 days for $49 - adults and $39 - for children (or DLR version of children 3-9 I believe).
Promotion ends 12-19-01

coronamouseman
11-05-2001, 06:48 AM
TV or radio?

Just curious as nothing in local newspapers or on DLR website ...

Tink
11-05-2001, 07:16 AM
The commercial was on the radio earlier this morning and I didn't really pay close attention until they mentioned that the Southern California Discount was back.

It's just in time for my birthday trip at the end of this month so I'm really happy. We were planning on doing a 2-day trip anyway but are not A/P holders so we need all the help we can get.:D

Not Afraid
11-05-2001, 07:26 AM
Its true! I talked with someone yesterday from San Diego who bought one of the new 2-day passes. The price is $49 and you can go to DL 2 times anytime between now and December 19th. She wasn't sure if that included DCA or not. That's a great deal for a local person without an AP.

wonderful
11-05-2001, 07:33 AM
Adults $49, Children $39
You have two options:
1.Use one day at Disneyland and one day at California Adventure
2.Use half a day at Disneyland and half a day at DCA
The break down:
1.This is the BEST deal, you get TWO days for a $6 increase of the one day. Remember that the fireworks and Luminaria will run nightly, so you really don't need to hop to catch both in one day. Besides, the Electrical Parade is also set for nightly performances, so you would have to miss it or the Christmas parade if you hop.
2.This is still a deal, but it's tricky. You CAN NOT hop, so once you leave one park, you are done and must spend the rest of your day in the second park. That's not bad, but just keep in mind what you would rather see in the evening.
By the way, three and four day hoppers are great ideas for Christmas presents if you're thinking about it right now... the price on these have not gone up, even with the hopping privilige, they don't have an experation date, and they can be upgraded to an AP if the recipient wanted to do that. If you wanted to give an early gift, this SoCal deal is the best because you can buy up to 5 with your SoCal ID.

zapppop
11-05-2001, 04:20 PM
Now if they would just give us AP holders a special discount for the Christmas season

Morrigoon
11-05-2001, 04:58 PM
Haha... they finally took Al's suggestion and created a slightly more expensive hopper ticket (okay, I know it's not EXACTLY a hopper, but you can still hit 2 parks in a day). LOL... they should just hire him and get it over with ;)

zapppop
11-05-2001, 08:54 PM
Okay I just saw the commercial and I noticed that ( maybe it's just a coincidence ) there's more footage of Disneyland than California Adventure in it.

The last shot of DCA had a bunch of candles on the water.

I wonder if they're hinting at something.......

coronamouseman
11-07-2001, 05:14 AM
LA Times business section had story on the annoucement of the new SoCal discount ticket as well but surprisingly (maybe not so) no ad in that paper's main section or entertainment section.

That's not out of the ordinary though - Disney usually doesn't do a lot of print ads on local discounts (I think sometimes that they hope some of the local don't know about the discounts and will pay full price!)

Would like to know if anybody going to the parks sees any fliers or information at the ticket booths regarding the SoCal discounts ....

PinkFloyd
11-07-2001, 08:10 AM
I'm sorry this seems like a stupid question but I realize that park hopping is not allowed with these tickets but if I were to go to DCA in the morning, leave, and then go to Dland and leave Dland would they allow for re-entry into Dland? Does that may any sense?

Darkbeer
11-07-2001, 10:39 PM
Since it is a"two-day" NON park hopper, you can go to the same park on two different days, each park on different days, or opt to use "both" days together and go to BOTH parks on the same day, as far as I can tell, you can go back and forth...