PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report - Quick Visit

cmpeter
06-17-2004, 10:37 AM
The weather was so crummy here yesterday that we postponed a trip to the beach and went to Disneyland instead. I was half hoping it would rain and make the crowds smaller. No rain, but it was nice and cool.

My dd has pre-school so we got there around 1:00 pm. For the first time ever, we had to park on the Minnie level of the parking structure. My kids thought that was really cool...they loved being up so high. I thought it might be a sign of things to come...really big crowds. But, the tram wait was very short...we got on the second tram that came. The bag check was also very short, we practically walked right through. It took about five minutes to get through the front gates.

Our first agenda item was BTMR...I hadn't been on it since it re-opened and neither of my kids have ridden it. We got fast passes and had 45 minutes to kill. We got POC fast passes and then...against my better judgement I took my 8 and 4 year old to TSI. They love it there, but it can be tricky to keep track of both of them when there is only one parent. I thought I lost them for a minute in one of the caves and had a nanosecond of panic, but they popped out just as planned.

We headed back and went on BTMR. It took us less than 10 minutes to get on the ride via the fast pass line. The kids loved it! Me too. We grabbed a second set of fast passes and went on Pirates. The Fast Pass wait was a little longer there, but my kids always make friends with the people standing next to us. This time, my daughter spotted a pretty twenty something gal and glombed on to her. She acted very flattered, so hopefully my four year old wasn't too annoying! After Pirates we did a little shopping at Pieces of Eight...it was so crowded in there and the CM working the register looked very stressed. My daughter kept crawling around the floor trying to pick up the dropped "jewels". I dropped her sweater on accident and didn't realize it until we were half-way home. But, two pirate swords later, we made it out in one piece. We went on BTMR one more time and then headed to find a spot to watch the parade.

We haven't seen the Parade of Stars since last October. So...for my kids, it was just like seeing it for the first time. We got a great spot in front of the candy shop (ran in to grab a snack too!) We sat next to the nicest little boy and his mom (on the off chance she reads these boards...hi Chandler and Kristin.) It was so much fun to watch the parade and have my daughter see it for the "first" time...she went nuts calling for the princess to look her way.

After the parade we headed to Downtown Disney and Build-A-Bear. I had heard a rumor that they have a scrapbook bear outfit and I wanted to get it. I couldn't buy a bear for myself and not let my kids get one...so we all got one. The kids have made them before, but this was my first time that I brought my camera, so I took a ton of photos.

After BAB, we made friends with a couple of policeman walking around DD. My daughter had to make sure they were looking for bad guys and let them know that Spiderman would help them if they needed it.

By now it was 6:30, so we headed home. I thought traffic would be bad, but it was pretty light. I really enjoy these quick trips to DL...very stress free, no worrying about making it on every ride or feeling that you have to fight the crowds. When we parked on Minnie, my son told me...well, worse case...we just head back home if it's too busy. Luckily it wasn't. :)

CarlieB
06-17-2004, 01:00 PM
Nice trip report - it sounds like you had a great time:)

evilchild666
06-17-2004, 01:09 PM
what does dd mean?

Photographer
06-17-2004, 01:22 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think it goes:

DD = darling daughter
DS = darling son
DH = darling husband
DW = darling wife

I think it's the Peter Pan complex. :D

cmpeter
06-17-2004, 02:53 PM
Oops...yep, dd is dear daughter...not that she is always a dear. I thought I caught and stopped myself from using those initials, it's a habit from another board.