PDA

View Full Version : Park Hopper (6 day)

robsmustang
06-16-2004, 12:42 PM
where can i get a 6 or 7 day park hopper

Lani
06-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Hi robsmustang. You wanted to pick up a 6 or 7-day park-hopper for Disneyland? The only one we've got listed in our Disneyland Park Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr040614.htm#Discounts) right now is the AAA Disney's Resort Magic Package, which includes a lot of stuff in addition to park admission.

If all you want is park admission, you might consider getting an annual pass for the money you will spend on that multi-day one.

Emma
06-16-2004, 01:25 PM
I think that AAA sells a Passport Plus ticket for 6 Days ($159.00) .... But like Lani said, I think it is actually very close to the same price as an Annual Pass ($159.00)

Forbin
06-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Except he can't use the $159 Pass on Sat

Darkbeer
06-16-2004, 06:17 PM
A good play is to get the 6 day ParkHopper, so you can get the extras (like free parking and the ESPN Zone card) and not worry about blackout days, and then on the last day, upgrade to a Deluxe AP for $20.... Deluxe AP's are now $179

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-16-2004, 10:32 PM
We had 5 day parkhoppers in May and then upgraded them, since we decided to stay an extra day, to Deluxe APs. Saturdays are not blocked out the entire year, only in the summer and some of the busier months. It cost us 25 cents more!

robsmustang
06-17-2004, 10:32 AM
the ap is a great idea! maybe i will stay a few extra days. am i able to get the ap from the disney store or should i just order it from disneyland.com. i read that you get 10% off at disney restauraunts, is this all of the restauraunts? what about the stores any discouts?

Lani
06-17-2004, 10:38 AM
am i able to get the ap from the disney store or should i just order it from disneyland.com. i read that you get 10% off at disney restauraunts, is this all of the restauraunts? what about the stores any discouts?Yup, any Disney Store should be able to sell a Disneyland AP for you.

The Deluxe Annual Passport includes these benefits:

• 10% dining discount at select Disneyland Resort restaurants ($10 minimum purchase; restrictions apply)
• Special rates at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort (subject to availability; restrictions apply)
• Exclusive benefits at select Downtown Disney District locations
• An annual parking pass for the Mickey & Friends parking structure is available for an additional $49. (subject to availability; restrictions apply)

Disneyland:
French Market 10% Every Day
Plaza Inn 10% Every Day
Rancho del Zocalo 10% Every Day
Redd Rockett's Pizza Port 10% Every Day

DCA:
Bountiful Valley Farmers Market 10% Every Day
Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill 10% Every Day
Pacific Wharf Cafe 10% Every Day
PIzza Oom Mow Mow 10% Every Day
Taste Pilots' Grill 10% Every Day
The Lucky Fortune Cookery 10% Every Day

Be warned, places like the Lucky Fortune Cookery are RARELY open, so you won't be able to get your discount there.

robsmustang
06-17-2004, 10:42 AM
thanks for the great info!

Darkbeer
06-17-2004, 10:48 AM
First off, unless you plan to buy the Premium AP, you need to seriously think about Blackout days..... The smart play is to buy a multi-day ParkHopper (one that is the same price, or less than the price of the type of AP you want to get).

This allows you to not worry about blackout days on your first visit, plus many of the Mutli-day ParkHoppers come with one or more perks (AAA tickets come with Free Parking, and in a package, a coupon booklet), the 5 day or more tickets come with a free $10 ESPN Zone card.....

Now, depending on your AP, there are different types of discounts.... Only the Premium AP gets a 10% discount on most merchandise, and the most choice on Restaurant discounts, the medium list is for the Deluxe, and a short list is available to SoCal and SoCal Select folks...

Here is the full list...

http://www.mousesavers.com/dlmeals.html#annual

By the way, the Lucky Fortune Cookery is completely closed, the menus have been removed, and some of the kitchen equipment has been given to other locations.....

Lani
06-17-2004, 10:56 AM
By the way, the Lucky Fortune Cookery is completely closed, the menus have been removed, and some of the kitchen equipment has been given to other locations.....Oh jee, that's sad. I think it may have been open ONCE during the time I was there. I'm out of the loop on this stuff, living 400 miles away... but avoiding DCA (esp. that area of the park) doesn't help. Thanks Darkbeer for that info.

------------

I like Darkbeer's suggestion of upgrading on your last day. The annual pass will expire a year from the first day you used that park hopper, but you'll get all the extras, like he said.

robsmustang
06-17-2004, 11:11 AM
i checked the schedual and there will be no blackout days when i plan on being there and i will not need the parking pass as i will be staying at the hojo

sediment
06-17-2004, 02:21 PM
From BC?
Before you upgrade to an AP, make sure that you plan to return within the year.
And check the blockout (not blackout) days right before you purchase. I have a bad feeling about this: 7/17/05 might be blocked out with the Deluxe AP.
It's on a Sunday. It's THE 50th Anniversary date. Just in case you're planning a trip right then.