PDA

View Full Version : Driving to Disneyland

pammy
06-15-2004, 06:47 PM
hi everyone i was wondering if anyone has any tips or things i should know about going to disneyland in july we will be there the week of july 11-16 2004 this is our familys first trip our kids are 5 7 9 we will be there for 5 days thanks!

sediment
06-15-2004, 06:57 PM
1. Stay one extra day for 49th Anniversary.
2. It will probably be hot.
3. Periods are very useful in written paragraphs.

Bruce Bergman
06-15-2004, 07:01 PM
hi everyone i was wondering if anyone has any tips or things i should know about going to disneyland in july we will be there the week of july 11-16 2004 this is our familys first trip our kids are 5 7 9 we will be there for 5 days thanks!

Insufficient data. Please elaborate. :D

Where are you starting from? What are you driving? How many days early can you leave home? How soon must you be back home? Are you making overnight stops at motels? Or swapping drivers and pressing on with only fuel & food stops? Are there two good drivers in the family, or is one an "Uneasy rider" that doesn't like dealing with rush-hour traffic or just freeways in general?

Where are you staying (or planning to stay if you don't have reservations yet) - a Disneyland Resort hotel or another nearby location? Expensive or Budget? Or at the KOA with an RV? Do you only want to hit Disneyland and DCA, or would you like other ideas for places to go in the area? Or other ideas for places to stop along the way? Does anyone in the group have expensive tastes, or a kosher/vegetarian/Vegan/Atkins/gluten-free/etc. diet to deal with, or is everyone just fine with "road food" like Denny's and MickeyDees?

That should do for now - when you answer that much, we can use the answers to more accurately tailor the next round of questioning... ;)

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--

Emma
06-15-2004, 08:31 PM
If you're taking kids that age, you should really do a character breakfast. Personally, I think Goofy's Kitchen is the best, the food is great and it's soooooo worth it to see the looks on your kid's faces.

Also, you should definetly take a break in the middle of the day (around 1 or 2) and go back to the hotel, swim, take a nap, whatever.... and then head back over to Disneyland for the evening. It's the best way to get your kids refreshed so they can last through the evening.

Have fun!!!!!

06-16-2004, 03:30 AM
Pammy, you'll get top-drawer advice on DL from the Mouse Padders. Trust me, they are goooood.

But you gotta give 'em more to work with!

Dlandmom
06-16-2004, 08:10 AM
When you get to Disneyland, purchase an autograph book for each child. And, if you'd like, bring along a disposable camera for each one. That way, they'll have their own little souvenir when you get home. Try to leave a blank page next to each autograph so you can insert a picture.

pammy
06-16-2004, 09:24 AM
Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone has any tips or things I should know about going to Disneyland in July. We will be there the week of July 11-16 2004 .This is our familys first trip our kids are 5, 7, 9 ,we will be there for 5 days thanks!

Thanks for the tips!

Bruce Bergman
06-16-2004, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the tips!

We gave tips? :confused: Well, some of the other posters gave some pretty generic tips, but we can do a lot better if you work with us. So, like that was a multiple-choice essay question I asked... :rolleyes:

Tell us what your plans look like, what you like to do and see, what you haven't seen yet, and how much time you have, and we'll give you tons of custom-tailored tips. Complete with addresses and webpage links...

C'mon, tell us more. You know you want to... :p

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--

DorisZ
06-16-2004, 07:18 PM
Since it is your first time, try to get a book that you can bring along with you. I have bought the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland in the past. There are touring suggestions depending on your length of stay and tips on traveling with children.

It was a good idea for you to seek information--it's easy to get overwhelmed when you get in the park. Having some knowledge and idea of what you want to do will be helpful.

Don't try to make this a marathon and don't be surprised if the youngest starts having a meltdown in the middle of the day. Kind of expect and plan for it. I remember taking my oldest when he was four. I told myself ahead of time that this trip was for him and to let him set the pace because I had witnessed a lot of bad parenting in DL before that. But when he refused to go on any rides on the 2nd day, I was the one having the meltdown. We had to get a babysitter for him because he just wanted to watch TV. I tease him about it now.

Hopefully you are staying close enough to get the mid-day break the previous posts suggest. It does get crowded and hot in the middle of the day.

I'm so excited for you and I hope you all have a great time! Let us know what you think when you come back.

Emma
06-16-2004, 08:04 PM
Another tip would be to take some snacks and/or goodies into the park with you. I always carry a backpack and I put things into it that my 4 year old usually doesn't get to eat, like chips and cookies (junk food) as well as some healthy snacks. It makes it so I don't have to spend $$$$$ on stuff from the vending carts because she still feels like she's getting *treats*

This way, we have more money to but her severely overpriced toys. :) She's spoiled. (sigh) But what can you do? :rolleyes: