PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Stamp release thoughts/questions

jiminycesq
06-15-2004, 03:21 PM
I am excited about the ceremony next week at Disneyland for the official first day release of the Disney "Friendship" stamps. Back on the 40th anniversary there was special postal cancellations, but this is the first time stamps are actually being released in a theme park, and I hope the ceremony (which I understand to be at 10 am) will be nice.

However, I have some questions and no one at Disneyana seems to know the answers. The press release says that some special commemorative items (framed stamps etc) will be available that day, at Disneyana and at World of Disney. But when? After the ceremony, or when the park/store opens (which is at 8 and 9 am respectively). Some of the items are quite limited and as a someone who started collecting US stamps, and Disney stamps, more than 30 years ago, I really want to have some of the commemorative limited edition items. But I dont know where to go, or when, and I want to enjoy the ceremony rather than just wait in line all morning. (I know, a lot of folks wait in line for some things all the time, and I am willing to do so if necessary - but no one seems to know when the items will be sold!)

Is there any of you "inside" people who have any info on this? My guess is that nothing will be sold until after the event - but, people may start lining up at park opening, or wait outside world of Disney even earlier. Then again, maybe not - I have no idea how many stamp collectors are coming. In any case, everyone can buy the stamps that day and get them on a postcard with I presume a special cancellation (First day of issue) - maybe it will even say Disneyland, which would be great! HOWEVER - this is just me hoping, I havent heard any thing factual.

So, if anyone has more info, please share. Thanks!