PDA

View Full Version : Security threat at DL resort today 10/4/01

splbound
11-04-2001, 08:49 PM
Does anyone know what the security threat was at the resort today?
I was taking my kids to DL around 11:00, we pulled into the parking structure when we noticed that we had left one of the kid's AP's at home. We turned and drove down DL Drive to get it, and as we passed the CM access gate, I noticed (for the first time ever) that the cast enterance by the Grand Californian was closed with a big Ryder semi truct sideways blocking the gate. I thought it seemed odd, but we went home and got the pass. (We live right around the corner from the resort).

On the way back, I decided to take a spin around the perimiter, and EVERY single CM enterance was closed and locked, with a Ryder semi sideways blocking the gate. Police were standing guard at each point of entry, DL Drive, Ox Road, Harbor Bl.

We decided that it was in our best interest not to get involved, but as they were still allowing the public in, I assume that there was a specific threat of someone trying to get a vehicle onto the property.

If anyone knows what was going on, please share it. Thanks.

Not Afraid
11-04-2001, 09:46 PM
I was at the Park today too. However, nothing seemed amiss. It was business as usual.

cemeinke
11-04-2001, 09:56 PM
I was there as well, and experienced two rather strange aerial attacks. Once at Rancho del Zocalo I was buzzed by an errant sparrow. Later in the day a second sparrow also brushed by my head while in line for Small World. I felt like I was testing a new Alfred Hitchcock theme for the park. Maybe I need a haircut?

awinner
11-04-2001, 10:13 PM
to my knowledge, they have all those entrances blocked off by barricades or trucks

stinkerbell
11-04-2001, 10:34 PM
I saw on the news tonight that someone was planning to blow up LAX. Maybe it was related to that? Actually, instead of watching the actual news story I logged onto my computer. So all I really saw was the blurb about the attempted attack over and over and over until I was driven away from the TV to here....

Not Afraid
11-04-2001, 11:15 PM
All I could find locally was a "suspicious substance" was found on a plane from LAX bound for Hawaii. They turned the plane around and landed at LAX. They don't know what the substance was yet. Maybe it was non-dairy creamer and someone was try to play a hoax. I hope it was that "harmless". Irritating and sick, yes, but not life threatening.