PDA

View Full Version : HoJo's?

tinksmom
06-15-2004, 07:41 AM
Hi. We've always stayed at the GCH and just loved it. However, when I priced out my 6 night Christmas trip, I almost died; with air, it was over $4000, and that is without food/souveniers! I received a AAA quote for most of the Harbor Boul motels for $1500 dollars less, which would let us eat dinner in nice places, go wild with souveniers and still spend a more than a grand less.

We really like nice hotels, though, and I noticed that most of the upscale hotels around DL are a bit farther. Of the ones on Harbor, is the HOJO's the nicest? There are three of us. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

got2travel
06-15-2004, 08:25 AM
I just stayed at the HoJo this past weekend. The room was larger than most hotels. The only thing I thought was a drawback was no microwave. There was a fridge though. Oh, and no continental breakfast.

Any kids with you? They will love the pool. The main pool has a fun fountain area they can play in, a baby pool that is only 1 ft deep, a regular size pool, and a large hot tub. There is a quieter pool in the back of the hotel that is rarely crowded. Its geared more towards adults.

The walk is longer because you are farther, but still doable. I've heard that the Best Wester Park Place is really nice but I've never stayed there. My personal favorite is the Carousel Inn.

jrad32
06-15-2004, 09:43 AM
We stayed at the Coast Anaheim last week and had no complaints. It's an older tower, but it was clean and the pool was great. For $70 a night you can't beat it. Plus you can see the fireworks from the rooms on the upper floors.

Darkbeer
06-15-2004, 11:11 AM
The walk is longer because you are farther, but still doable.

First off, the walk from HoJo's is about the same length as the walk from the Paradise Pier Hotel, but with HoJo's you have the option to ride the ART shuttle bus, but your only choice with PPH is to walk!

Second, if you are planning to stay at HoJo's, please contact the Marketing Director at..

william.simpson@hojoanaheim.com

He will make sure your stay there is worth the money spent.....

Emma
06-15-2004, 08:42 PM
No way is Hojo's the nicest hotel on Harbor. I can name several nicer ones.

The Coast Anaheim is the nicest (in my opinion-- it's just a great hotel, and it's affordable)
The Candy Cane Inn is also very nice, but harder to get into
The Hilton Anaheim
The Carousel Inn

I would definetly try for the Coast Anaheim though... I guarantee you'll love it :)

Good Luck!

CarlieB
06-16-2004, 12:59 PM
I'm afraid I have to disagree about the Carousel being nicer than the HoJo - we stayed at the Carousel last year and it was not as nice as the room we stayed in at the HoJo a couple of years ago. To me, the Carousel was not much better than a motel. JMHO though:)

Emma
06-16-2004, 01:21 PM
I may have to recant on the Carousel Inn then... I stayed there about 4 years ago and was very pleased with my room, but that was a long time ago! So if you've stayed there recently and weren't impressed I'll take your word for it! :)

Hakuna Makarla
06-16-2004, 01:52 PM
http://anaheim.rezcenter.com/hotels/ANA_CARO_photos.shtml

I think the photo's show the rooms are pretty nice. Looks good to me, and close to the park entrance.
I think in fact I like the rooms better then the hojo"s ( by looking at the pictures any way)
http://anaheim.rezcenter.com/hotels/ANA_HOJO_photos.shtml

CarlieB
06-16-2004, 03:35 PM
Don't get me wrong, the Carousel is perfectly nice.The HoJo just has nicer landscaping, and I felt it had a more spacious feel to it than the Carousel. Things may have changed though. I look forward to staying at the HoJo this December and seeing if I still feel the same way:)

Hakuna Makarla
06-16-2004, 03:54 PM
I agree Carlie, the land scaping is awsdome at the hojo! That is what made us choose it the first time we planed our trip. But in the long run with my little ones I thought that it would be to hard to walk ( I know its not far but...) with a fussy child at nap time or in the evening I did not want to hear the wine all the way to the motel.I wanted a quick retreat to the motel for naps and bed time.
If I had my druthers the hojo may be my pick, but I also chose the carousel for the breakfasts since both kids will need to feed, but I can get a real nice lunch in the park,or go to the out back sdteak house for dinner and save a bundle on just 2 meals for 4 days then for 3 meals a day.
I also was told the hojo is the last on the drop off list on the shuttle, and that it also is very packed and we may have to wait for another shuttle because the first one is to full. And I just do not want to fight the crowds if I can get away from some of it.
I also found out we can be in the pool at night when the fire works go off and we can watch them while cooling off. we are going in August, the hot time, and I think a pretty crowded time( wish I came here before booking my trip! I would have gone in May! )
we also figured, we would not really enjoy the scenery much since we have never been to disneyland, have only 4 days there and off to Sandiego and we wanted to fit as much as we could in so will most likely be at the motel only for bed times and naps, thus we would not be able to enjoy the pretty out sides hojo offers.
The closest we will get to the pool I am sure is at night while others are watching fireworks and we can be in the pool to cool off and soak our tired feet!
It will be ( mom) and the 2 little ones so close to the park is a plus for me :)

dsnylndmom
06-16-2004, 04:59 PM
Gotta agree with Carlie, I was not impressed with the Carousel. I liked Hojos so much better. The rooms were soooooo much bigger and cleaner! And when we went to Carousel the breakfast was a joke, toast, jam, coffee and juice. I have heard the breakfast is better since I went though. Oh and parking is so much better at Hojos!

Hojo's and BW Park Place Inn are my two faves on Harbor!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-16-2004, 10:37 PM
We spent 7 nights at Hojo in May and loved it. The price was right, $59 a night with DH's airline employee discount. They say the walk is 8 minutes, but I don't think it was that long and we had 2 babies with us. The room was clean, quiet and really large. I do wish it had a microwave but if you take your food to the front desk, they will heat it for you, they did that for us several times. The staff was really great. The hotel has been recently remodeled and the grounds are great. We are booked there already for our trip in November.

Alpha1mom
06-17-2004, 05:05 AM
HoJo is my favorite place! We have stayed there 3-4 times in the last couple years.
Great clean rooms, coffee pots, fridge and a great gift shop!
We always ask for the seventh floor with park view. We usually come back from DL early and watch the fireworks off the balcony.

We just got back and stayed in room 1701. This was a King suite with a microwave. There was 2 adults and 2 kids. We had plenty of room with 2 balconies. (we're going to ask for this room from now on)

Mimi's restuarant is right there also. very reasonable!