PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks report for Monday, June 14??

imperpay
06-15-2004, 06:29 AM
I live just close enough to the park
to hear the fireworks, but not see
them. (For locals, near the intersection
of Beach Blvd. and Whittier Blvd.) Last
night (Monday) we heard them start
a little early, about 9:20. Around 9:25,
we heard what must have been a near
continuous barrage of "booms" for about
15 seconds. It must have been about
50 shells. Then nothing for several minutes.
About six or seven minutes later, we
heard a few more.

Is there anybody at the park last night
who can report on what was going on?
It definitely sounded different! (I suppose
it's possible that it wasn't even Disneyland
that we heard at first...?) Thanks.

-Imp
-----------------------
I wish I never had to leave this magical place.

Momtowolf
06-15-2004, 06:44 AM
Caught the show last Friday night....not as good as the previous show by any means......music diffferent.....I loved the Believe show and have the music at home. I take my Disney digi photos of trips and put a slide show together to the Believe music.....very cool

CRS24
06-15-2004, 07:01 AM
I live in Bellflower (14.7 miles from Disneyland) and I heard the same thing last night around 9:20 and I never hear the fireworks from Disney so it must have been somewhere else.

aztectodd
06-15-2004, 01:33 PM
Did the angels have a game??? Sometimes you might be able to hear fireworks from the game????

DJ_MENTOS
06-15-2004, 01:36 PM
My guess is that it was a school's graduation ceremony. Where I live we have had a couple of graduations with fireworks.

Rallymonkey23
06-15-2004, 02:36 PM
Did the angels have a game??? Sometimes you might be able to hear fireworks from the game????

Ding Ding! We have a winner! I was at the game Friday night (Which is Big Bang Friday nights) and they set a TON of shells in the air. I'm starting to think that the Angels fireworks (Sponsored by Wells Fargo) have a better show than DL. :~D

Disney Vault
06-15-2004, 03:04 PM
I hate how the mariners dont do fireworks anymore at the games. The use to do it when they had an indoor stadium but now we have any outdoor stadium and they dont do it. Where is the logic in that?

TP2000
06-15-2004, 05:48 PM
Well, it's cold and rainy in Seattle even during baseball season. They probably can't get the fuses lit in an outdoor stadium.

I saw the Disneyland fireworks show on Monday night from by deck. It looked exactly the same as the other Imagine shows I've seen in the past week. The timing and pacing is different from Believe, and there are several "mini-finales" during the Imagine show. Maybe your just not used to the new show, or perhaps the wind that night just carried the sound differently?

Disney Vault
06-15-2004, 05:53 PM
People dont light the fireworks. It was done by computer and you would be surprised how many non-rainy days seattle has. There is just a lot of overcast days.

Saratoga75
06-16-2004, 12:54 PM
I just got back from Disneyland today, I was there Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. . on monday night nothing seemed different. . than it did Sunday or Tuesday night. . could have been something else.

Sebastian
06-16-2004, 01:43 PM
Doesn't the Mariners field (Safeco Field ) have a retractable roof anyway ? So lighting fireworks has nothing to do with the rain.

Disney Vault
06-16-2004, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I think the mariners just got really cheap so they stopped. There is no other reason not to.