PDA

View Full Version : Grand Cal Guest Exclusives?

cyberRoo
06-14-2004, 10:52 AM
I know that there have been mentions about these before, but I couldn't find them when I searched - I think it's been awhile.

But does anyone know/recall/have comments about the exclusive "activities" for guests of the Grand Californian? I think there's a makeover session at Sephora, Lego and Build-a-Bear open early?

I'm pretty curious about what these are and how they work, so any feedback would be so appreciated!

Thanks!

KarenW2
06-14-2004, 11:02 AM
So far, except for one of the activities, the only thing I know about them is that not all of them are offered on all days! The last time we were there, for our 25th wedding anniversary on 5-26, I wanted to do the Build-a-Bear activity, so I could make a special bear to commemorate the occasion, especially since none of the shops at the hotels or parks had any of the bride mouse ears! We checked the schedule and found out they only offered that activity on certain days and that Wednesday wasn't one of them!

We did do the "Art of the Craft" tour a couple of years ago, when they first offered it and found it to be very interesting, especially since we're very interested in Arts & Crafts/Craftsman architecture. I don't know if they've changed the tour since we took it. We talked about doing it again, but we didn't have enough time.

tink1234
06-14-2004, 12:15 PM
I don't know if this is what you mean, but I know there is storytelling by the hearth nightly. Children are encouraged to come in their pjs. This will be moved to under the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve. I would call guest services for more details.

miss bianca
06-14-2004, 02:15 PM
They offer an early entrance into DCA - I think its like 1/2 hour b4 park opening and its only for a certain section of the park. Sorry I don't remember all the details.

Also I have heard they having been opening Toontown early for DLH, PPH, and The Grand Guests.

Jewels
06-14-2004, 03:03 PM
We were guest of the The Grand Memorial Day Weekend. The only thing extra I remember was early entry to DCA with a tour and a ride on Soaring before the park opened. I was sorry we were unable to try it out.

EdD
06-14-2004, 03:32 PM
Each night, the maid that does the turn down service will leave you a list of the activites available for the next day(s), and how to make a reservation for those that require it. (They do the turndown very early, about 5pm).

disneymeimei
06-19-2004, 06:29 PM
The early entry is for concierge guests and it is a wonderful perk!!!

cmpeter
06-19-2004, 06:38 PM
We did the Lego store activity last October when we stayed at GCH. It's cost $20 and you went to the Lego store at 9:00 am. A "master builder" helped the kids build a pre-set item (my son made a garden.) They gave him a coupon for $20 to spend in the store. He could have purchased his project (I think it was $25, but a garden isn't really on his list of must have Lego items.) They displayed it in the store that day. Seeing that he would have spent at least $20 at the Lego store even if he didn't do the activity, it was a good deal for our son.

Tinker Bell
06-19-2004, 07:03 PM
I have a ?. When is a good time to get a room here at the GCH?Cheap cheap. I would like to spent the night here sometime just one nite seeing how I live so close. And it would be a nice romantic getaway from my four kids. Just me and the DH.

SCUBAbe
06-19-2004, 08:46 PM
The early entry is for concierge guests and it is a wonderful perk!!!

We were not concierge level and we entered the park early. They were telling all the check in guests about it. I believe it's a standard perk for all guests.