PDA

View Full Version : We were stars (in tutus!)

luvmyboys
06-14-2004, 05:38 AM
We just returned from a week at Disneyland and I wanted to thank everyone here for all the info I gained from these boards! One of our biggest thrills came, quite unexpectedly, when we (myself, DH, and DS's aged 4 & 6) were headed through the hub at about 6:30 one evening. We'd already seen the parade 2 days before, so we were going to take advantage of what we hoped were shorter lines...but what to my wondering eyes should appear than a group of happy CM's in cloud covered overalls! They ASKED ME if I'd like to be in the parade! I grabbed my older son, had him measured, and thanks to his fly away hair he was just tall enough! We headed off with the group while the other 2 grabbed a seat and got ready for pictures. We will never forget dancing down the street with Baloo and King Louis!!! And the pictures of my son in a pink tutu are not only cute now, but should prove valuable as he hits highschool! :p

Also, wanted to say how helpful Vacation Planning was. I was so bummed to have missed getting Balcony seating for Fantasmic. I called them and they got me Riverside seating and Jeff (we're on a first name basis now you know :) ) told me how great these seats would be for the kids. THEY WERE!!!! We sat in the front row, enjoyed all of the goodies, and then got to see Imagine... It was so worth the money! It was our last night there - talk about "leavin' on a high note"!!!

Oh, and the Paradise Pier Hotel was GREAT!!! The pool slide isn't done yet, but we had no other dissappointments. It was a great room, comfy bed, good service, and VERY close to everything. I'd recommend it to anyone!

Anyway, I would have never know about any of these things without you guys. My husband was so impressed with all of the little "tidbits" I knew that saved us time or made our trip better. We live in Ohio and have always done WDW (4 times in my kids short lives!) so California was a whole new "adventure" for us. Thanks so much to all of you, and MousePlanet for all of the "advice"!!!!

stan4d_steph
06-14-2004, 05:41 AM
Glad you had a great trip. :) I've never used Disney's Vacation Planning, but they seem to get rave reviews from everyone that has used them. I may have to look into it for the future.

cmpeter
06-14-2004, 09:34 AM
Sounds like a great trip!

We were there on the 11th and my son was asking how you get picked to be in the parade...you have to hunt down cm's in cloud overalls...huh?!?!

disNeytEen
06-14-2004, 10:40 AM
glad you had a good time and sounds fun to be in the parade.