PDA

View Full Version : Where Do You Buy The Deep Fried Burrito?

olddumbguy
06-13-2004, 02:21 PM
I've seen people walking around Disneyland eating a huge deep fried burrito rapped in foil. I have no idea where they are sold. I've looked at all the menu lists on this website and cant find it there either.
Anyone know?

David R
06-13-2004, 02:25 PM
You may be thinking of the Chimichanga. That is available at carts all around DL. I've seen them but I can't remember exact places, but I'm sure someone here can pin-point where one can be found at.

yasudab
06-13-2004, 02:42 PM
you can buy one at the hub where the statue of walt and mickey are. Just look at the carts selling food. if it is not there, ask the employee where there closest one is.

daannzzz
06-13-2004, 03:01 PM
We got a couple of those in December right before Beleive. The cart was near the old Motorboat Cruise landing.

olddumbguy
06-13-2004, 03:10 PM
Thanks, guys. I guess my next question is, are they any good? They look pretty tasty.

Polar33
06-13-2004, 03:22 PM
The chimis are sold at the same places the turkey legs are sold. There are currently three locations in the park:

East Hub, across from the Frontierland enterence
Matterhorn area, at the old Moterboat loading area
Frontierland, Across from the Mark Twain Dock

They cost $5, and they are indeed pretty tasty. Just do yourself a favor and don't ask if they are healthy.

(All information is subject to change without notice, and locations are not always guaranteed to be open)

Andrew
06-13-2004, 03:25 PM
They're fantastic. Get some Tabasco packets from Rancho del Zocalo or the French Market; the extra kick of Tabasco completes the flavor.

Polar33
06-13-2004, 06:12 PM
On the topic of chimi additions, while I've yet to try it I have been told that both ketchup and pretzel cheese go good with the chimichangas as well. I wouldn't reccomend both at the same time though.

yasudab
06-13-2004, 07:23 PM
The chimichangas are ok, i guess. Nothing special. I have bought them a couople of times just for a quick snack. it is cheaper then having a meal too.

gaptoothed
06-13-2004, 07:54 PM
Man, alive, do I love me a chimichanga. It would be lovely if they sold them at Rancho along with some rice and beans, guacamole and sour cream... but that would make sense... my question is, where are they made, what is their holding time and how often are they changed out? Otherwise, I love them!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-13-2004, 09:18 PM
Are they spicy? I don't like spicy!

olddumbguy
02-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Bumping an old thread. I will be making my yearly trip to DL on Saturday and just want to verify that the location is still the same for the chimichungas. Can anyone verify this?

Andrew
02-01-2005, 10:38 AM
On our last visit (New Year's Day), the Frontierland location was in the same place and was open.

Man, now I'm hungry for one.

ppmuse
02-01-2005, 11:09 AM
May I ask, what's in the Chimichungas? Beans and cheese? Or did they add other stuff?

TikiGeek
02-01-2005, 11:10 AM
Bumping an old thread. I will be making my yearly trip to DL on Saturday and just want to verify that the location is still the same for the chimichungas. Can anyone verify this?From Polar33:
East Hub, across from the Frontierland enterence
Matterhorn area, at the old Moterboat loading area
Frontierland, Across from the Mark Twain Dock

Still there (all 3) as of 1/28/05.

Buy one and go to the dining area for Rancho Del Zocolo - they have bottles of Ortega salsa and taco sauce - I don't think they mind if you use some on your chimichanga.

Polar33
02-01-2005, 12:25 PM
Bumping an old thread. I will be making my yearly trip to DL on Saturday and just want to verify that the location is still the same for the chimichungas. Can anyone verify this?

The Frontierland and Matterhorn locations will be open during your visit. The Main Street location, is having some repairs done at the moment, and most likely won't be out on Saturday.

The chimichangas are literally a beef and bean burrito and it is fried in oil. They consist of pretty much the same stuff you'd find if you were to order a beef and bean burrito at Taco Bell.

olddumbguy
02-01-2005, 06:01 PM
The Frontierland and Matterhorn locations will be open during your visit. The Main Street location, is having some repairs done at the moment, and most likely won't be out on Saturday.

The chimichangas are literally a beef and bean burrito and it is fried in oil. They consist of pretty much the same stuff you'd find if you were to order a beef and bean burrito at Taco Bell.

Hopefully they taste better then the burritos at TB. I'm still gonna buy one. I plan to split it with my wife. Also on the menu for Saturday is the beef sticks from Bengal BBQ. I've never had that either.

PapiBear
02-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Mmmmm, chimichangas......I remember way back in the 70s when Jack-in-the-Box sold a "Jack Burrito", which was essentially the same thing - a dry chimichanga (no sauce on top) which you ate with your hands. Boy, I wish they'd bring that back!

Also, what's the deal with selling them near the Matterhorn? I doubt I'd find Tex-Mex food in Switzerland.

jennyren
02-01-2005, 06:38 PM
I just had a question?? My mom LOVES these chimichangas but I heard that they were just seasonal? Is this true? She is coming down to visit me at school and we are making a Dland trip on March 4th. Will her beloved Chimichangas be there too? :confused:

TikiGeek
02-01-2005, 06:55 PM
My mom LOVES these chimichangas but I heard that they were just seasonal? Is this true? No :|

Will her beloved Chimichangas be there too? :confused:Yes :)

I Heart Disneyland!
02-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Hopefully they taste better then the burritos at TB. I'm still gonna buy one. I plan to split it with my wife. Also on the menu for Saturday is the beef sticks from Bengal BBQ. I've never had that either.

I've not had the chimichanga, however, the Bengal BBQ is awesome! You guys will love it. Me and hubby always eat there while at DL. Have fun!!!