PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Idea of "Celebrating" Disneyland's 50th

adamcrown
06-12-2004, 08:47 PM
I read something on screamscape that really got to me.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/walt_disney_world.html

"Lucky the Dinosaur, a walking Animatronic figure that was tested briefly at California Adventure in 2003 will make Animal Kingdom his new home in 2005 as part of the Disneyland 50th Anniversary Celebration."

Now getting rid of Lucky the Dinosaur is no big deal to me, but the idea of pulling things from Disneyland to "celebrate" Disneyland really gets to me. It's DISNEYLAND'S anniversary and sometimes it seems like other parks are getting more attention.

disNeytEen
06-12-2004, 08:55 PM
Sadly when Disney thinks of DISNEYlands birthday thats what they see the Disney aspect instead of disneyLAND, so i guess if they want to better other parks with figures from disneyland that is there call, I guess it was a trade Lucky the Dinosaur for Buzz.

sambo
06-13-2004, 06:45 PM
... I guess it was a trade Lucky the Dinosaur for Buzz.

Disneyland gets the shaft AGAIN! And even for it's birthday... has Eisner no shame? :mad:

Oh. Yeah - he doesn't.

Germboy
06-13-2004, 07:21 PM
I get the feeling that no matter what Matt Ouimet plans for DL, it won't be much with Eisner there calling the shots.

Eisner has a disdain for DL and it shows like a sore thumb. He is so clouded in self importance, he can't see past his nose. He is out of touch with the company he runs: its strengths and weaknesses, long-term strategy, employee morale, heritage and other aspects.

In the end, whether he is ultimately forced out, or leaves willingly, it will be in disgrace. Too bad he didn't save his own reputation (and Disney's) by leaving sooner. What an arrogant, despotic, disillusioned rat of a man.

A date worth celebrating is being squandered by PR and marketing departments run amok, led by a paper mache man holding the strings of a bunch of board member puppets.

yasudab
06-13-2004, 07:32 PM
if people asked eisner if it was more important to provide excellent family entertainment (which was Walt Disney's intention on building Disneyland) or to make money off Disneyland to provide better value to shareholders, what do you think he would say realistically? Does he care about Walt Disney's values and that he is only in his position because of another man's vision?

stitcher
06-13-2004, 08:42 PM
if people asked eisner if it was more important to provide excellent family entertainment (which was Walt Disney's intention on building Disneyland) or to make money off Disneyland to provide better value to shareholders, what do you think he would say realistically? Does he care about Walt Disney's values and that he is only in his position because of another man's vision?

Considering that he is so out of touch, he probably believes that some of the money making schemes he is using are family entertainment. In truth they only cause separation of the masses. Those that have money benefit while those who are visiting Disneyland on a shoestring are left in the dust.