PDA

View Full Version : Hotels nearest main gate

Pirate'sLife4Me
06-11-2004, 03:18 PM
I have two questions. . .
I have a friend who will be in town to visit me and she really wants to go to DL because she's never been.

1) Which Good Neighbor Hotel is nearest the Main Gate - I want to be able to walk, but not too far. Is it the Ramada Inn, Main Gate?

2) I have a SoCal AP, but the two days I'm going are both blacked out. I know it's $30 to get in, but I want to make sure I can get into both parks. Also, do they have a special price on an AP Blackout day 2 day pass, or do I just buy the $30 ticket on both days? Ok, one more thing. . Can I buy these $30 online or over the phone so I don't have to wait in line at the park? I know my friend can buy the parkhopper online.

Thanks for the info!

Mindy

Forbin
06-11-2004, 03:47 PM
All the Main Gate Hotels are within 1 block of the entrance. The closest is the desert inn if I remember right.

That's $30 per day. You might as well upgrade your pass. Go to the Group Check in window to the left of the park entrance. That's the only place you can get it.

Hakuna Makarla
06-11-2004, 04:16 PM
http://www.beachcalifornia.com/dlmp.html

it is all the hotels or most of them around disneyland.
------------------------------------------------------

when you wish apon a star)))))))))))))))

Klutch
06-11-2004, 05:13 PM
Having stayed there, I can personally recommend the Candy Cane Inn (see my review here on Mouseplanet). A friend of mine recently stayed at the Howard Johnson's and said it was quite nice. Both are within walking distance.

GeminiAngel
06-11-2004, 06:10 PM
The closest is the Best Western Park Place Inn. It sits on the corner of the traffic light to cross over to the main gate. It even has a bus stop right in front of the hotel if you are taking the Airport Bus. Go to www.bestwestern.com and just type in the name of the hotel to check it out.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-11-2004, 10:13 PM
We were at Hojo's in late May and it was nice and clean. They say it is an 8 minute walk but even after being tired from walking at the park all day long it didn't seem like 8 minutes.

Mommy2NicknMax
06-12-2004, 06:27 AM
Just stay clear of Best Western Anaheim Inn. Total dive!

ralfrick
06-12-2004, 08:07 AM
We've styed at the Desert Inn twice, although there are one or two closer, it is the closest that has suites (unless someone refurbished recently). All these places have narrow streetfronts and extend back deeply, so their entrances are very close to each other.

Pirate'sLife4Me
06-12-2004, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the info everyone and that beachcalifornia.com site is really helpful!

TravisL
06-13-2004, 09:24 AM
My family stayed at the Park Vue inn, which is right at the traffic light at the main pedestrian entrance -- can't get much closer. Based on the reviews here, I had my misgivings, but was pleased to find it was a decent, cheap, quiet, clean place to sleep. I'd stay there again.

I'd stayed at the Jolly Roger before, and I'd say that they're equal, except that the Jolly Roger has a lot longer walk.

Saratoga75
06-13-2004, 01:28 PM
Like "TravisL" I too have stayed at Park Vue Inn. Actually thats where I will be headed in the next few hours for our trip to disneyland. It is directly across the street at the main pedestrian entrance, and overall is not a bad hotel.

Pat-n-Eil
06-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Of the Harbor Hotels, I've stayed at the Great Western Park Place Inn (we liked it) and the Park Inn Anaheim (only a couple of motels away) and also give it a good review. Both are next to more reasonable eateries than you'll find in the park (Mom's, McDonalds & Mimis) and their proximity to the maingate entrance is an easy walk.

As an added bonus, the rooms of the Park Inn Anaheim allow for a view of Disneyland. You can see the Matterhorn and also the fireworks show, if you so desire. We had a 5th floor room and it was perfect.

got2travel
06-14-2004, 09:05 AM
Was just there yesterday, and as my son and I were walking from the HoJo, we were identifying all the hotels we've stayed at on Harbor. Starting from the HoJo, I've stayed there, Fairfield Inn, Carousell Inn, Tropicana Inn, Desert Inn and Suites, Del Sol (was Best Inn when I was there) and Saga.

Of all these, my favorite is Carousell. The rooms are always clean, plenty of space and the 2 bath suites are fantastic. The 'continental' breakfast is a little upgraded compared to the rest. There's the usual danish, muffins, juice and coffe. But you also get toast, fruit and sometimes yogurt. And the view from the breakfast room can't be beat. Its on the 5th floor overlooking the main entrance.

My least favorite has been Tropicana. They recently renovated, so I expected the rooms to be a little fresher, but there was peeling paint and rust around the fixtures in the bathroom. Also the breakfast was lacking.

I've yet to stay at the Best Western Park Place, but have heard great things about it. One of these days I'll get to it. However I will never stay at the Park Vue. I had reservations for 2 rooms a few years back. Something came up and I had to cancel. I cancelled on a Monday for check in on the following Friday, well within the cancellation policy. Well a month later I got charged for 3 nights!! The penalty for not cancelling is 1 night, but they double charged me for one of the rooms. It took too many phone calls and threatening faxes before I could finally get a refund. The management was just not co-operative.