PDA

View Full Version : Video Cameras in Disneyland

TinkLover
06-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Next week we are going to Disneyland, and I kinda want to take our video camera, but I don't know if it will be too much of hassle? Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Michelle!

disNeytEen
06-10-2004, 09:09 PM
It depends if you want to hold on to a video camera while walking throughout the park, I wouldn't mind but thats me, also if you aren't going to be vidoe taping certain rides then you have to worry about storring them especially on Screamin, GRR or fast pace rides w/o an area made for storage.

Lost Boy
06-10-2004, 09:19 PM
Take plenty of tape and extra batteries fully charged. When you go thru Security to enter the plaza that is now the only place you will have to open all your bags and show what's inside. Once in the park, I use a carry case for cameras slung over my shoulder. It has the camers, 6 blank tapes and two batteries. Everything is ready to go so if I see something, I can just grab the camera out of the bag and start shooting. There are no problems taping any of the shows or parades or most of the attractions. DO NOT use the built in light on inside rides. Most of the "Dark Rides" will not video well, so don't even try. They move too fast to see anything and the black light really doesn't do all that good a job on tape. Roller Coasters can be done, best from front car, but watch your eye. Just hold the camera in front of your face and hope for the best. The only ride that I know of right now where they tell you not to take any photographs or video tape is TOT. You can rent a locker and keep the gear in there when you go out to lunch or if you just need a break from lugging it around. Have fun.

TravisL
06-11-2004, 12:29 PM
then you have to worry about storring them especially on Screamin, GRR or fast pace rides w/o an area made for storage.

GRR has lockers nearby (across from the Grand Californian) which are free for the first hour. Storing your camera under the seat in the GRR raft won't keep it dry -- I tried this with my jacket two years ago, and it was soaked. (Did you know the GRR seats were hinged? Most folks don't.)

Hakuna Makarla
06-11-2004, 06:29 PM
I PLAN ON TAKING MY VIDEO CAMERA, BUT ONLY TO THE LAST DAY OF OUR DISNEYLAND ANAHEIM TRIP. WE WILL FILM THE LAST DAY WITH PICTURES TAKEN ON THE FIRST 2 DAYS THEN GO ONTO kNOTTS TO FILM THERE THEN OFF TO SAN DIEGO TO SEA WORLD AND THE ZOO.I PLAN ON HAVING MY VIDEO CAMERA READY FOR ALL THE LAST DAY ENJOYMENT LIKE THE PARADE, AND SOME OF THE SHOWS IF WE CAN FILM THEM. :~D

sleepyjeff
06-11-2004, 08:48 PM
. DO NOT use the built in light on inside rides.

Yes, do NOT do this. It ruins the ride for others, and will not come out very well at all anyway. What will come? Most video cams pick up sounds that the operator was never meant to hear, nor did they hear whilst taping. Once you get home and play the tape, however, you will hear what people really think of you and your camera :eek:

KIDinTHEkingdom
06-12-2004, 02:04 AM
I PLAN ON HAVING MY VIDEO CAMERA READY FOR ALL THE LAST DAY ENJOYMENT LIKE THE PARADE, AND SOME OF THE SHOWS IF WE CAN FILM THEM. :~D

Make sure you film Snow White: An Enchanting New Musical in the Fantasy Land Theater

Hakuna Makarla
06-12-2004, 04:48 AM
Make sure you film Snow White: An Enchanting New Musical in the Fantasy Land Theater
----------
thanks, I was not sure they allowed taping of shows. I want to tape things I know may not be there when I go back some day.I want to tape the parade, and also all the cool rides( not while we are on them ) I want a video my kids will enjoy as they grow. I am going to make a tape for each child and put it into there baby books and things to keep for ever boxes. I will keep a copy also just for them to watch when they like. That way when they look back in the future they can say " hey there was this cool ride I rode or saw when I was a kid"

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-12-2004, 01:10 PM
Remember to use it! LOL We were there for 6 days and only taped 1 1/2 hours! Just didn't think of it. Although handling 2 kids and all the gear, the camera 99% of the time was just another thing to lug around. I am VERY disappointed in myself that I didn't tape more. You will see me with that thing hinged to my face come November! LOL

Hakuna Makarla
06-12-2004, 02:42 PM
well at least you got the hour and half. I have gone to functions before knowing we will never again and forget to bring the darn camera! I do not know how much I can video, but I want to at least get all the parks in on the fim so I can look back and see the cool rides, buildings etc. The kids will also have a ball looking at the film. Now I just have to get another sd card for the new camera. I got taken on ebay ( but got the guy off ebay who was stealing from people right and left!) I got my money back, I told him I was on my way to california in a few months and plan on stoping by to see him LOL! he sent me my money back thru paypal , but 20 some other people were not so lucky! He had all great feedback when I bought from him, over a hundred, but guess he decided it was fun just to sell to a ton of people all at one time and get lots of money right away.
I love ebay, but now you got to be careful of buying anything from some one with under 100 feedback.