PDA

View Full Version : Small World Holiday

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-09-2004, 08:45 PM
I noticed that in a reply to another thread someone said that the "holiday decorating" would probably start around November 5th, at the earliest. Would this include the closing of It's A Small World? We are really wanting to go the first week in November, to meet up with some ladies from another message board who have babies born the same month and year as my oldest son, we met up in 2002 and want to get together again this year, but I cannot go when SW is closed, my son will be SO disappointed. I want to be SURE that it is going to open. Even if it is just for the first few days, we will be getting there the 1st of November and coming home the 7th. THANKS!

Niwel
06-09-2004, 08:50 PM
Hmmmm....
Last year I think the attraction opened mid-November, since unlike HMH it didn't need to be open for Halloween. If I remember correct it was open at the very beginning of the month, but they could change it at a moment's notice. Keep reading the refurb section of our monday updates -- as soon as we know, you'll know.

Darkbeer
06-09-2004, 09:58 PM
OK, IF it was like last year, the first day of the Holiday season (first or second Friday in November) is the opening of it's a small world holiday, and it would close in early to mid October for the change-over..

But, officially TDA (Management) has not committed to the attraction, the current refurb schedule that goes thru the end of January of 2005 does not have the changeover listed (though it has the Haunted Mansion changeover, both in September and January).

This is why it is hard to answer your question, based on what I have been told, the final decisions regarding the Christmas Holidays have not yet been made.... So sorry nobody is giving you an answer... because nobody knows the answer yet.....

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-09-2004, 10:01 PM
If they continue like they have then, it will be closed when we go. I may just have to change our dates to early October and miss the moms get together, that is how important that ride is to my kids!
OR...I talk DH in to going again between now and then and then explain to my son that we just went and he was able to ride it, he would be ok with it then, especially if he grows those 2 inches he needs to grow to ride Splash Mountain.
I will keep checking back to the schedule in case it is listed! THANKS!