PDA

View Full Version : Jolly Trolly

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-09-2004, 08:30 PM
We were just watching again, my trip to DLand on video from 1994 and I realized that on our trip last month, I did not see the Jolly Trolly, but did not see it on the list of closed attractions. What happened to it?

kdrickard
06-09-2004, 08:33 PM
Have not seen it running since at least December 2003.

Kevin

disNeytEen
06-09-2004, 08:47 PM
one by one every land at disneyland was losing attractions until it became Eisnerland!

Darkbeer
06-09-2004, 10:00 PM
I find it is interesting it is still on the attraction listings...

The current Roger Rabbit queue prevents the Jolly Trolley from running....

DCAWhites
06-10-2004, 07:08 AM
Whats sad is that Roger Rabbit would be one of the easiest queues to adjust to allow a better indoor wait, even with fastpass.

SoCalDisneyLover
06-10-2004, 08:08 AM
Whats sad is that Roger Rabbit would be one of the easiest queues to adjust to allow a better indoor wait, even with fastpass.

A lot of things would be possible if people from this and other Disney fan sites were actually running things, but unfortunately the powers that be are not creative or open minded enough to figure much out anymore. Regression instead of progression seems to be the preferable way for them to operate.

kwlundy
06-10-2004, 09:35 AM
one by one every land at disneyland was losing attractions until it became Eisnerland!

Does anyone honestly think Eisner has ANYTHING to do with the decision to stop the trolley from running? Often times when Eisner enters a park and something isn't working, he's the first to comment on it (who commented that The Tower was too short of a ride?).

Everyone is always so fast to blame Eisner, it sickens me. Why not blame Matt Ouimet for these issues? It's his park. But then, we like Matt, so it wouldn't be right to blame him for something...

stitchfan_cm
06-10-2004, 09:51 AM
To answer your question rather than go off on Disney higher-ups(which we would all like to do) the Jolly Trolly hasn't been running on most days due to the conjestion in Toontown. It would take the trolly forever to reach the other end of Toontown with people and strollers and kids in the way.

I believe the Jolly Trolly has a cow catcher on it... they need to USE it! :D

disNeytEen
06-10-2004, 10:01 AM
Everyone is always so fast to blame Eisner, it sickens me.

Well, who does everyone blame for Americas problems-The president, just the top guy always takes the heat sorry if my opinion sicken you, but that is all that it is, an opinion.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-10-2004, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the true answer. I figured it was because of all the people, probably getting run over by the trolly.
I wish there was a way for them to make another entrance to Toontown. It would make it so much less congested.
I commented to my DH that I thought it was silly that the majority of the line for Roger Rabbit was outside. They have the inside line area so entertaining. I see no reason why they could not allow fastpassers to enter the line when it comes to the gate area right there at the main entrance. Have one more person stopping people at that point and let any fastpassers in.
I think I should run the place! LOL

sleepyjeff
06-10-2004, 01:27 PM
Well, DCA is not too congested.........move it over there :fez:

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-10-2004, 01:28 PM
That is hilarious!