PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite show at Disneyland?

Pages : [1] 2

keschy
06-09-2004, 07:22 PM
What's your favorite show or display, from the past or present? From nowadays I love Billy Hill, Fantasmic and the fireworks. I miss Animazement and the Country bears, they were my favorite before they were cancelled . I'm sure there must be alot of other cool shows that aren't here anymore too. How about you? Which shows do you love?

PS..and of course the Tikki room is great!

The Lovely Mrs. tod
06-09-2004, 07:24 PM
I still miss "America Sings." And the Fantasyland Theater, I'm not sure that counts.

-TLMt

CarlieB
06-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Billy Hill & the Hillbillies, and Fantasmic!:)

Disneyfreak
06-09-2004, 07:38 PM
Fantasmic hands down. :)

merlinjones
06-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Polynesian Revue at Tahitian Terrace

Slue Foot Sue's Golden Horseshoe Revue

The Enchanted Tiki Room

Believe, There's Magic in the Stars

Fantasy in the Sky

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-09-2004, 08:32 PM
Fantasmic and the fireworks are my favorites!
I miss the country bears.

disNeytEen
06-09-2004, 08:58 PM
Country Bears, they will make a comeback
Fantasmic
And the Golden Horshoe Revue
and
The Fireworks
plus the Electrical Parade in DCA

Captain Josh
06-09-2004, 09:00 PM
I find that I really enjoy Billy Hill and the Hill Billies...except maybe that one time, when I got to be onstage...that was a tad more surreal than even I reckoned for.

bptheclown
06-10-2004, 01:15 AM
billy hill and the hillbilliy is the best show at disneyland and blast was thebest show at dca but it is gone now

Photographer
06-10-2004, 06:16 AM
Dana Daniels' Variety Show
Billy Hill and the Hillbillies
Blast!

Princess Booker
06-10-2004, 09:11 AM
Fantasmic at Disneyland

Aladdin at DCA, although Blast was great too.

Worst show at Disneyland: Snow White. There's so much that's bad about how the show is presented I wouldn't know where to start.

Captain Josh
06-10-2004, 09:15 AM
Oh, that's right! DCA has the Aladdin vote from me too. I went in expecting not to care, and the next thing I knew, I was making people go and see it.

disNeytEen
06-10-2004, 09:50 AM
i loved when they were riding on the magic carpet.

Wendi
06-10-2004, 11:33 AM
Golden Horseshoe Revue... mostly due to tradition, we ALWAYS went as kids, and I still remember being onstage for part of a show (knocking someone's teeth out... hehehe)

I have to admit to my sappiness... I totally teared up for the Lion King Parade. I loved it!

Pedro2NR
06-10-2004, 12:34 PM
Fantasmic! - Disneyland

Aladdin - DCA

TinkLover
06-10-2004, 01:08 PM
I don't know if this exactly counts as a show, but last summer my family and I were in DL and we went to ride Splash with our fast passes, but when we got there it was closed down, and my Dad started freaking out, and got all mad, and ripped up the fast passes, good thing there was no one around, but it was pretty funny!

only1mouse
06-10-2004, 01:11 PM
definitely Fantasmic for me. I saw it for the first time this April and went back the next night just to see it again. Don't know how I missed this for so long!

sighlent faeri
06-10-2004, 01:57 PM
my favorite's always been fantasmic :)

Tambour
06-10-2004, 07:26 PM
This is gonna sound weird but I think for DCA the best peice of entertainment is D.U.H.

I caught 3 shows one day when some friends came into town, and they were all bust-a-gut funny. Everyone I was with was laughing themselves silly at those folks. The show was as entertaining for kids as it was for adults, and with the new sets and stuff they just fit so well in HBL.

Disneyland - FANTASMIC! this show is unrivaled anywhere in the world. It's magic appeal really comes from the fact that it comes out of nowhere. I can see the ships I rode on during the day with Peter Pan and Hook! all of the show effects just show up out of the river, and out of the ground in NOS... amazing. just gives me chills.

Forbin
06-10-2004, 07:33 PM
My daughter's favorite is the Aladdin show at DLR
Though both of us enjoy Aladdin at DCA too.

Opus1guy
06-10-2004, 08:57 PM
I always thought Blast To The Past was a great parade (or more of a traveling, stop-by-stop stage show) that was accompanied by a series of other great 50's type shows about the park. Just seemed to fit in with Main Street very well. Great finale with tons of confetti coming down from the roofs of Main Street. Just a storm of the stuff. No cutting corners on that one! Bet custodial hated the thing! ;)

I was kinda hoping for a big nostalgia type celebration for Disneyland's 50th, with lots of references to the park in the 50's and also retro-celebrations like Blast To The Past. Thought that would have been fun.

tod
06-10-2004, 09:22 PM
I always thought Blast To The Past was a great parade (or more of a traveling, stop-by-stop stage show) that was accompanied by a series of other great 50's type shows about the park. Just seemed to fit in with Main Street very well. Great finale with tons of confetti coming down from the roofs of Main Street. Just a storm of the stuff. No cutting corners on that one! Bet custodial hated the thing! ;)

I was kinda hoping for a big nostalgia type celebration for Disneyland's 50th, with lots of references to the park in the 50's and also retro-celebrations like Blast To The Past. Thought that would have been fun.

Do you mean the Main Street Hop? That was the best show ever. Blast! is a distant second.

--t

Opus1guy
06-11-2004, 11:54 AM
Do you mean the Main Street Hop? That was the best show ever. Blast! is a distant second.

You know that could be what the parade part was called. I just don't recall that. The whole promotion was called "Blast To The Past" and that's the logo (BTTP) that was used on the merchandise and on the signs on the parade floats.

The particular parade I'm thinking of had many floats that proceeded to set locations and then stopped a couple of times along the way for a "main show" (like the Lion King and Light Magic parades). Then the cast performed many 50's era songs like the "Main Street Hop" as well as songs from "Grease" and other 50's classics. The grand finale was accompanied by dozens of little Vespa-like mo-peds circling the entire show and confetti canons being fired from the roofs of Main Street. Fantastic show and one of Disneyland's all-time best, IMHO.

The whole Blast To The Past promotion also consisted of other stage shows and themed entertainment at other times in the park. So the "parade" portion could indeed have been named "The Main Street Hop." I just don't recall that. I always referred to it as "Blast To The Past" as that was what was on the float's signage.

KCAL (a local channel 9 television station here in SoCal that at the time was owned by Disney) actually produced a television special on this hosted by Bowzer of the 50's musical group Sha Na Na. I have a copy of it somewhere.

Just to be clear, I'm not referring to "Blast!" I'm referring to "Blast To The Past."

tod
06-11-2004, 12:04 PM
You know that could be what the parade part was called. I just don't recall that. The whole promotion was called "Blast To The Past" and that's the logo (BTTP) that was used on the merchandise and on the signs on the parade floats.

The particular parade I'm thinking of had many floats that proceeded to set locations and then stopped a couple of times along the way for a "main show" (like the Lion King and Light Magic parades). Then the cast performed many 50's era songs like the "Main Street Hop" as well as songs from "Grease" and other 50's classics. The grand finale was accompanied by dozens of little Vespa-like mo-peds circling the entire show and confetti canons being fired from the roofs of Main Street. Fantastic show and one of Disneyland's all-time best, IMHO.

The whole Blast To The Past promotion also consisted of other stage shows and themed entertainment at other times in the park. So the "parade" portion could indeed have been named "The Main Street Hop." I just don't recall that. I always referred to it as "Blast To The Past" as that was what was on the float's signage.

KCAL (a local channel 9 television station here in SoCal that at the time was owned by Disney) actually produced a television special on this hosted by Bowzer of the 50's musical group Sha Na Na. I have a copy of it somewhere.

Just to be clear, I'm not referring to "Blast!" I'm referring to "Blast To The Past."

That's what I was talking about. It was called the Main Street Hop, and it wasn't a parade at all, it was a show on Main Street. Big jukeboxes, girls in felt poodle skirts. The mopeds were used in the "Little Honda" number. (I never heard of a song called "Main Street Hop." Are you sure about that?) Ended with Hula-Hoops and an exuberant "Rock and Roll is here to stay." And, like you said, the confetti cannons.

Brought tears to my eyes every time.

And yeah, Blast! was something else entirely.

--t

Opus1guy
06-11-2004, 12:29 PM
I never heard of a song called "Main Street Hop." Are you sure about that?

It was just their slight variation of "At The Hop" (sometime referred to as "Let's Go To The Hop") with a reference to "The Main Street Hop" thrown in there at one point.

"Let's to to The Main Street Hop!" was woven in.

And you might be right that it was only wheeled out on Main Street. It arrived on Main Street as a moving parade. Maybe I was just assuming it was coming from or headed to Small World Way as well, and stopping along the way there too. I only see these things on Main Street because I always feel the sound is better in the street's canyon.