PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Season

Disney Vault
06-09-2004, 05:24 PM
Is DL really busy right around christmas or is it a slow time for the parks. I want to go to DL this december but when will it be the least crowded?

CarlieB
06-09-2004, 06:37 PM
Apparantly the week before and the week after Christmas are very busy. I'm going earlier in December (9 - 14 Dec) and it's supposed to be a little less crowded then, but still have that Holiday atmosphere:)

Disney Vault
06-09-2004, 07:36 PM
Thanks, my original plan was to skip 3 days of school at the begining of Dec. but i was thinking it would be even less crowded during xmas break because most people stay home. I guess i was wrong and now i will just have to miss the school :D

JeffG
06-10-2004, 01:09 PM
The Christmas season is now pretty much the busiest season of the year for Disneyland, with the largest crowds attending during the week from Christmas through New Years Day.

It should be marginally less busy on the weekdays during the first two weeks of December (before most schools are out for the holidays), but you can still expect it to be more crowded than during most other times of year.

-Jeff

NoCalDad
06-10-2004, 01:46 PM
They have recently (2002 I think, maybe 2003 also?) had to stop letting people into DL because the park had reached capacity during the week between Christmas and New Years.

dsnylndmom
06-10-2004, 10:43 PM
They have recently (2002 I think, maybe 2003 also?) had to stop letting people into DL because the park had reached capacity during the week between Christmas and New Years.

Yup when we were there last year Dec 26-30 they closed stopped letting people in the 26 and 27th for sure, not sure about the 28th though. The 27th was soooooo bad we left and went to Knott's! And had a great time! :p

MouseLover
06-16-2004, 10:41 AM
My how times have changed. I remember seeing where they closed the gates a couple of days over the last holiday season due to a full park.

Then I remember the first time I went to DisneyWorld, way back in 75. We went down during the week between Christmas and New Years, and basically had the park to ourselves. The place was almost empty. I can remember running out the exit from Space Mountain and running up (yep, we ran back in those days. None of the mamby-pamby don't run or security will get ya days) the entrance to get back on the ride. There were no waits. As soon as we got to the top we were able to jump into a waiting car and go again. Those were the days. Of course, we had to buy extra tickets as we quickly ran out of the tickets in the books. I still have some of those old tickets. Mostly A's & C's, the rest were all used up. What a time.

Emma
06-16-2004, 08:19 PM
If you want to be in Disneyland for the Holidays, you should definetly go the first week of December (But not Thanksgiving weekend, because it's busy then too) Once you get into the time when kids are out of school, it's a complete madhouse even worse than summertime. You couldn't pay me to go back over Christmas break!

But Disneyland is absolutely magical at Christmas time with the lights, and decorations, and the egg-nog ice cream, and the snow on Main Street.... I get tingly just thinking about it :) So you should definetly go.

Disney Vault
06-16-2004, 08:28 PM
Thanks you so much. I guess i will be going the first week of december. I cant wait!

AliciasMom
06-16-2004, 08:55 PM

I took my little brother for his X-mas gift on Dec 27th or 28th of 2000. It was so crowded that they stop selling tickets. Only APers and returning guests with their hand stamps were allowed to enter the park. We overheard conversations about 4 fire marshall warnings due to the crowds. We left the park to get lunch and buy some snacks for later. When we came back they weren't going to let us in the Timon lot so I had pull out my parking pass and tickets for that day. While that was happening my cell phone started ringing. My mom was calling to tell us we were on the news and she saw the whole thing. It was a definite "Hi Mom, we're on the news" moment. :D