PDA

View Full Version : Happy 70th Birthday, Donald!

merlinjones
06-09-2004, 06:34 AM
I hope they do something for him at Disneyland today. It's sad that he's not on the corporate agenda these days...

stan4d_steph
06-09-2004, 06:39 AM
Happy birthday to Donald. You're not showing your age at all... ;)

tod
06-09-2004, 06:42 AM
They did release the Donald Duck Disney tin.

A big fat 165,000 of them. :mad:

--t

mrs_toad
06-09-2004, 07:07 AM
Happy Birthday Donald...#@%$ (Donald...#@%$)#*!! You are one good looking septuagenarian!

GoldenEars
06-09-2004, 09:23 AM
*Happy Birthday, It's Donald's Birthday, Happy Happy Birthday To You!* These words were sung throughout Disneyland when they celebrated his 50th Birthday in a fun-filled parade just for him back in 1984! And during that time, they had a stage show called, *Show Biz Is* and during one point in the show they stopped everything and brought out this huge (fake) cake, along with Donald, and sang *Happy Birthday* to him. That was at a time when Disneyland used to celebrate birthdays for certain characters with special moments and parades centered around them.

I remember they also did it once for Mickey's 60th Birthday in 1988 and for Goofy in 1994...altho for his, it was called the *World According To Goofy Parade*. It didn't mention his birthday in it, but it was centered around him in honor of his day. I remember a really cute parade they did for Minnie Mouse, called *Totally Minnie Parade* back in the 80's...again, not for her birthday, but it was still a neat concept of a parade.

But I'm going off the subject...this day is for Donald. So a big happy birthday to the best *quacker* in the world. It's too bad Disney doesn't honor their legends anymore with something grand. You're still tops in our book, Donald. :D

dnyduck
06-09-2004, 10:29 AM
Well....I'm glad to see there are others out there who remembered his birthday.

Happy Birthday Donny Duck! :D

Love from your biggest fan,
Stephanie
(A.K.A. Dnyduck)

Opus1guy
06-09-2004, 11:29 AM
I hope they do something for him at Disneyland today.

Yes, I hope so too. They did at Disneyland Paris:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=410462

merlinjones
06-09-2004, 11:50 AM
We have a salute to Donald up at

http://www.savedisney.com

I remember Donald's Birthday Song from '84 - - that was great - - and one of the first times at DL they did a lot of cheerleader style flag waving in the parade...

Happy, Happy Birthday to you!

disNeytEen
06-09-2004, 01:12 PM
At least Parir remembered it will be a shame if the first park dosen't. Happy Birthday you crazed duck

HBDisneyPrincess
06-09-2004, 06:02 PM
Sigh, We sing that song on our birthdays...its been a tridition ever since that Donald Duck special on tv...its your birthday, its Donald's birthday....happy happy birthday to you... hey Donald!

We celebrated in school today... I let my class do a Donald Duck coloring contest...and they wrote journal entries about Donald Duck's birthday adventures using one of my many Donald beanies for inspiration.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Duck!

(The Disney website liste that that the Walt Disney Company officially recognizes only 3 birthdays...Mickey and Minnie on Nov. 18th, and of course, Donald's!)

DonDuck
06-09-2004, 06:11 PM
Happy Birthday!!! I agree 100% that they should do some sort of big recognition for his 70th. Maybe let him lead the parade? Or how about some donald balloons, at least.

Also, anyone know if any new Donald stuff is out this year (especially clothing). I love the Donald diner shirt I got 2 years... but that was 2 years ago. We're going down later this fall and I was hoping there would be something for me to buy (I did not find anything good last year).

mrs_toad
06-09-2004, 06:13 PM
We celebrated in school today... I let my class do a Donald Duck coloring contest...and they wrote journal entries about Donald Duck's birthday adventures using one of my many Donald beanies for inspiration.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Duck!

That's waaaaay cool...long live The Duck! :)

I carried my Donald Duck handbag in his honor today.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-09-2004, 08:41 PM
Happy Birthday Donald!

So did anyone hear, did they do anything?

disNeytEen
06-09-2004, 09:05 PM
yeah what happened did he get to be in the parade or lead it or what, hopefully not nothing

blusilva
06-10-2004, 01:06 AM
The stories I saw online only mentioned a party for him at Disneyland Paris.

Maybe he's a genius there, like Jerry Lewis or something?