PDA

View Full Version : Pressed Pennies

cutelittleartist
06-08-2004, 04:47 PM
Hi everyone,

Every time my boyfriend and I go to Disneyland, he presses pennies for his niece and nephew.

Is there a holder for these things of some sort? If so where? As you can imagine the little ones have quite a collection now and it would be nice to have something to put the pennies in.

Thanks in advance!

TinkLover
06-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Hi everyone,

Every time my boyfriend and I go to Disneyland, he presses pennies for his niece and nephew. If so, where?

Is there a holder for these things of some sort? As you can imagine the little ones have quite a collection now and it would be nice to have something to put the pennies in.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, first question, the pressed pennis are all over the park, they have them on main street, and princess ones by the castle, and other places. 2nd question, yes, they sell a book to put the pressed pennies in, they sell them all around.

cutelittleartist
06-08-2004, 04:54 PM
Hi, first question, the pressed pennis are all over the park, they have them on main street, and princess ones by the castle, and other places. 2nd question, yes, they sell a book to put the pressed pennies in, they sell them all around.

Maybe I asked the question incorrectly. I know the pressed pennies are all over the park, hence me stating my bf's niece and nephew's growing collection. The if so where comment was on the wrong line. :)

I must not be looking hard enough for the holders, or else I would have found them all ready.

Forbin
06-08-2004, 05:05 PM
Shoot and I just saw the holders last time I went.

There is such an animal, I just can't remember where I saw them. Maybe the Pooh store near Splash mountain?

iwannabeanimagineer
06-08-2004, 05:08 PM
We saw them everywhere. They look like a 3"x4" autograph book and fold out. The one we bought is blue vinyl with little black Mickeys all over it and a group of characters printed in color on the front.

rakkwhite
06-08-2004, 05:12 PM
I saw them being sold in DCA in a store across the street from the Playhouse Disney Stageshow. They were to the left by the window. They may have been moved, this was in March. I would ask a CM. I believe they were Mickey Mouse themed, but I may be fuzzy on this. I hope this helps!

Photographer
06-08-2004, 06:11 PM
If memory serves me correctly, you can find the books in the Emporium next to the registers that are closest to the door (vs closest to the fire station or the center of the store). If you don't see them, ask a Cast Member in the emporium and I'm sure she'll find one for you.

In the past, Character Warehouse carried them. The store has all kinds of DL merchandise that was overstock from the parks. It's in the shopping plaza along with Marshall's & Circuit City on the corners of Orangethorpe and Harbor in Fullerton.

Nancy
06-08-2004, 08:41 PM
I was talking to a cast member once about the pressed pennies and she gave me a map of the different machines around the two parks and the characters they printed. It was a few years ago and I know they have added new machines or moved some but it may be worth asking about if his neice and nephew are looking for a certain character. :)

DigitalLizard
06-09-2004, 06:00 AM
I know I saw the penny holders in the penny arcade on main st...
they are usually up on the counter where they have all the
different kinds of salt water taffy...

either that or try auction sites... they have been pretty popular
there...

or
if you are not near a park, try MouseShoppe... they might have
them also -

if you are looking for a list of the machines, the list you get
from the guest relations desk on main st. is outdated... last
one I got was atleast 2-3 years out of date... try this site:
http://www.liss.olm.net/ec/disney/

Tinker Bell
06-09-2004, 07:45 AM
I have benn collecting for awhile.I just got a new book in May.I did see them all over the park.I got mine in the world. For I think $5 I'm not sure.

Here is a pix of the one I got.http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4212150&a=31277650&f=0

Hope this helps at all.

Ponine
06-09-2004, 08:18 AM
That's totally differnt from my son's penny book... I think it's even larger.
We got ours in April... interesting.

Tinker Bell
06-09-2004, 09:01 AM
I failed to mention that the six coins slots on the right are for the quarters.If you do not find them I will be going next week to get another one ( as you can see I filled this one up) I will find excatly where it is a report back if need be.

experiment626
06-09-2004, 10:39 AM
They sell them at the "Penny Arcade." They are right up at the counter, as you walk in.

sjcivilady
06-09-2004, 11:19 AM
They had them at the outlet store, but that was last December.

cutelittleartist
06-10-2004, 08:29 AM
Man am I not observant or what???

Thank for all the help guys and gals. I know I'll find them when I go to the park tomorrow. I feel like such a ninnie. (spelling?)

Anyways, thanks again for all your help!!!

stan4d_steph
06-10-2004, 08:44 AM
You can also get a list of all of the pressed-penny machine locations from City Hall.