PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Halloween Haunt?

stitchhead
06-07-2004, 07:44 PM
Over the past few years my friends and I have been going to Knott's Scary Farm's Halloween Haunt. We love it so much and go any distance to make it there :fez: I know that in the past Disneyland has had Mickey's Halloween Treat, and other events for Halloween. Here's the issue. One of my friends thinks that Disneyland should bring back their Halloween events, but in the style of Knott's Scary Farm :eek: In my opinion, no, Disneyland should not do this because it's too un-Disney like to me, and they should stick to more family friendly events. So, should Disneyland have Knott's Scary Farm style events for Halloween, or just stick to the original Mickey's Halloween Treat? :confused:

CarlieB
06-07-2004, 07:58 PM
I think DCA would be the perfect Disney venue for something themed along the lines of Knotts' Halloween celebrations. It's a slightly more adult-oriented venue anyway, and it could stay open later for it - perfect!

Darkbeer
06-07-2004, 08:10 PM
There are rumors that Universal Studios Hollywood is thinking about bring back their Halloween event, including a LOT of Mazes... It would match up with the new Revenge of the Mummy and Van Helsing attractions.

I agree that Disneyland is not the place for a Halloween celebration like Knott's (Though Knott's does a nice kids version during the day).

Rumors have this being the last year of the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay, so they can market DCA as a Halloween park.. but Knott's strongly recommends that kids do not attend, and does not offer kids tickets... Heck, AP holders have to pay to get in.....

I am not sure that DCA could make something that matched up with the current family audience, the guests staying at the hotels, and trying to sell a seperate ticket to the event.....

disNeytEen
06-07-2004, 10:51 PM
DCA would be perfect for some haunted houses, mazes and just scary people walking around. Here is how you do it: You go to DisneyLand on halloween or around that time, you drop your kids off in their new "groups" were there are 6 kids in a group, then two adult CM's walk the kids around the park for trick or treating. Then Mommy and Daddy go over to DCA for some scary halloween action!

duffman03
06-08-2004, 07:13 AM
Sure, a Disneyland babysitting service - why not extend it to the daytime and let parents drop their pre-teen kids off to run around unsupervised.

Oh wait, they already do that. Somehow I think the liability of telling parents you'll take care of their kids wouldn't fly.

Jeremiah
06-08-2004, 09:34 PM
There are rumors that Universal Studios Hollywood is thinking about bring back their Halloween event, including a LOT of Mazes... It would match up with the new Revenge of the Mummy and Van Helsing attractions..

No more of a rumor it will be back but for only a few nights. It should be good this year from all I have heard but we will see.

J

disNeytEen
06-08-2004, 09:35 PM
No more of a rumor it will be back but for only a few nights. It should be good this year from all I have heard but we will see.

J

didnt they do stuff last year as well or was that only Universal Orlando

truesally
06-09-2004, 10:45 AM
What exactly is the Halloween 'event' at Disneyland? And how long after it do they start setting up the holiday theming?

I'm looking at getting an early visit during the holidays but wondered if we could fly in Halloween day, have some trick-or-treat fun, then move right into holiday fun within the next few days...??

duffman03
06-09-2004, 11:38 AM

Really? Where did you get confirmation? I haven't seen anything, so they aren't telling the APs.