PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Estimates for Friday June 11th

cmpeter
06-07-2004, 12:56 PM
June 11th is my son's last day of school. I am thinking of taking him and a friend to Disney to celebrate. But, I don't know what to expect in terms of crowds. When does summer break start for your school?

Darkbeer
06-07-2004, 03:52 PM
June 11th is going to be a hard day to call, it is the official Day of Rememberence for President Reagan, and that might create additional folks who won't be working, and therefore some additional people, on the other hand, less folks might come out since they will spend the day in front of the TV......

Photos from last Friday June 4th are now available at SaveDisney.com, that might help you, as I presume they will be fairly close....

RagtimePrince
06-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Hopefully it won't be excessively crowded, I'll be there that evening and the rest of the weekend. :)

I guess it's busier for DL than sunday, but not very busy at DCA, going by the park hours and entertainment. Of course, DCA always closes at 9 now to guarentee funneling even more people over to DL for the fireworks...

As a bay area person, I've got a question to tack onto this... is it at all possible to get from Castaic to Anaheim from 6:30-9:00 PM on said Friday? :|

JeffG
06-07-2004, 04:30 PM
June 11th is going to be a hard day to call, it is the official Day of Rememberence for President Reagan, and that might create additional folks who won't be working, and therefore some additional people, on the other hand, less folks might come out since they will spend the day in front of the TV......

I have a hard time imagining that would have much impact on the crowd sizes at Disneyland.

-Jeff

merlinjones
06-07-2004, 05:00 PM
There is an ABC affiliates covention at the Resort later this week.

Last Friday was very busy, as you can see from the photos taken in Disneyland that day at www.savedisney.com.

kkmickey
06-07-2004, 07:09 PM
June 11 is my 40th birthday, and I don't care what the crowds will be, because I will be there with my two best friends (the kids are staying home) and we will be enjoying Fanstasmic from the dessert balcony!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sorry, but I am TOOOO excited. I do think it will be crowded, though. Thank God (and AAA) for enhanced Fastpasses.

nursemelis374
06-08-2004, 08:56 AM
I am so excited for this Friday. My 7 year old cousing is coming and I am going to taker her! It is always so much fun going with a kid. I am going to spoil her rotten!

scobun
06-08-2004, 09:18 AM
So I guess it is safe to say that the place will be very crowded, since nobody seems to believe anything to the contrary. Or is there any hope I wont have to wait an hour to get on HM in the heat? Thanks

RagtimePrince
06-08-2004, 03:12 PM
^ There's lots of hope for getting on HM quickly; it's a non-networked fastpass that's almost always been only a little more than the wait time when I've been to DL. :)

Disneyfreak
06-08-2004, 04:37 PM
Considering that Reagan was at Disneyland when it first opened is plenty reason for people mourning him to come to Disneyland for the day. I hope that Disneyland has their flags at half mass. Are they doing that can anyone confirm?

Darkbeer
06-08-2004, 05:10 PM
Considering that Reagan was at Disneyland when it first opened is plenty reason for people mourning him to come to Disneyland for the day. I hope that Disneyland has their flags at half mass. Are they doing that can anyone confirm?
Here is a photo from Sunday....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/134617/1/4905516/Large

Disneyfreak
06-08-2004, 05:16 PM
Thats really nice of them. :)
Thanks for influencing me in smugmug darkbeer. I bought it for my website.
www.superiorpcs.smugmug.com

cstephens
06-09-2004, 09:32 AM
Thats really nice of them. :)

Actually, it's not just Disney. It was a presidential order, and not uncommon considering it's for the death of an ex-president. Here's a story (http://www.thehawkeye.com/daily/stories/ln11_0609.html) that has some info.

duffman03
06-09-2004, 11:41 AM
Ancient history, but years ago, Universal actually shipped a bunch of their trams up to the Reagan library for the opening event. They shuttled people to and from remote lots. It was quite a production. A friend of mine worked it, loading the trams.

nursemelis374
06-09-2004, 01:55 PM
scobun, don't worry too much. I still don't think that the crowds will be ridiculously unmanageable! A lot of people are getting out of school Friday and will be doing stuff with their schools!

cmpeter
06-09-2004, 06:29 PM
If this nice cool weather continues to hold out, I think we'll head to Disney on Friday...crowds and lines are so much nicer when it's cooler!