PDA

View Full Version : TOT and DCA thoughts

mkyears
06-07-2004, 10:42 AM
I recently had the chance to ride TOT for the first time and I have to say I enjoyed it alot. Yes it is not a long ride by any means but it does not dissapoint at the same time. With that said I still cannot find myself suggesting to anyone to buy a ticket to DCA. Yes this ride was needed but DCA Still cannot stand on it's own and they need to speed up the process of ride and entertainment offerings there if they ever want to give DCA a chance.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-07-2004, 08:21 PM
I would be interested to find out how many people actually buy one day tickets in to DCA. I would guess that most people buy a 2 day park hopper so they can experience both parks.
That said, I liked TOT too. I don't have a problem with DCA. It is just not DL and we were there for 6 days and spent one full day at DCA. That was enough for us, even though we didn't get to see or do everything. I will say the Aladdin show was terrific and Playhouse Disney was great too!

Darkbeer
06-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Actually, based on what I know, it depends if we talk about DCA or Disneyland itself...

The following is based on some rumor, some numbers that I have seen, and what I have read elsewhere.......

At DCA, over half the folks that attend are AP holders, the busiest days are the non-blacked out Sundays for SoCal's and Deluxe holders, for example, the difference between this weekend, Saturday was not that busy, Sunday met park expectations (it was busier, by thousands of guests).

The next most popular ticket is the current 5 day for the price of 3 ticket (sold in Travel packages, and online)....

The next most popular ticket is the Comps (Employee sign ins, contest giveaways, etc.)

Then comes the 3 day, followed by the 2 day ticket.......

The one day DCA only tickets (that paid full price) is a very small percentage...

Now, at Disneyland, the 5 day (for the price of 3) ParkHopper is the current most popular ticket.

Next comes AP holders.

Then comes single day DL only tickets.

Then comes the other multi-day tickets sold at the Main Entry Plaza Ticket Windows...

SCUBAbe
06-07-2004, 09:40 PM
That makes since. If I went to florida it would not be just for Disney World. I would get the ticket for all the parks.

Back to TOT ...We finally got my parents on it. I knew it wouldn't be to intense for them, but they really shy away from any fast rides. They LOVED it!! My mother got off the ride and immediantly got another fast pass for it. I was sooo surprised..LOL...and she had to have the picture. When she got off the second time she proudly proclaimed that she kept her eyes open the whole time....LOL