PDA

View Full Version : DCA 1 Hour Early Pass At McDonald's

Pages : [1] 2

Forbin
06-07-2004, 08:44 AM
While eating breakfast today I noticed the new placemat.

Order a Big Mac Extra Value meal and get 1 of 3 new Tower Of Terror Tattoos.

Also get a coupon to Enter DCA 1 Hour Early to ride the Tower of Terror!

New/old? Wassup.

TinkLover
06-07-2004, 10:19 AM
do you think they have this in Oregon also? that would be way cool if they did

Forbin
06-07-2004, 10:53 AM
do you think they have this in Oregon also? that would be way cool if they did
If not just stop at the Mc'd right outside and pick one up.

TinkLover
06-07-2004, 12:40 PM
good point, i wounder if they will still have them next week, also, do you know where a Mcdonalds is near Harbor, we are staying at the embassy suites, or Harbor, Thanks!

Forbin
06-07-2004, 02:37 PM
It's Across the Street from the Entrance to DLR! You can't miss it.

Note it will cost you $3 for the meal..hehe

SCUBAbe
06-07-2004, 09:44 PM
We ordered a big mac meal today and it didn't come with any of that. Maybe it's only in participating stores.

Forbin
06-07-2004, 10:00 PM
I'll check it out tommorrow again...could be a local thing

Forbin
06-08-2004, 06:42 PM
Ok went back and got a photocopy of the placemat.

Give me a couple of days to get it posted but from what I understand they are using the placemats a few weeks early. The promotion isn't out but the placemats are...hehe

AVP
06-08-2004, 06:47 PM
Ahhhh... I asked at a McDonalds about it today, and they said they had no idea what I was talking about.

AVP

DigitalLizard
06-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Ahhhh... I asked at a McDonalds about it today, and they said they had no idea what I was talking about.

AVP

They won't until around June 18th...
that is when the promotion officially starts... (I think!)
Just look at the placemats on the trays... they will
start using them when the promotion starts...
I think it has Stitch and ToT on them!

Opus1guy
06-11-2004, 06:43 PM
I happened to be talking on the phone with a friend today that is an exec at McDonald's (he used to work for Disney) so I mentioned I read something about this and he was aware of the promo. He said he was also aware that some stores have been putting out the placemats a tad too early. ;) As DigitalLizard says, the promo won't start until June 18th.

Here's what he faxed over to me:

WAKE UP & SCREAM!

- Drop In An Hour Early -

Starting June 18th 2004, when you buy any Big Mac® Extra Value Meal®, you'll get a free early admission voucher that gets you in to Disney's California Adventure™ park one hour before the park opens where you can experience The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ during your visit. Vouchers will have a designated month of June, July, or August 2004 and will be chronologically distributed at participating McDonald's® while supplies last. Each voucher may be redeemed only during the month appearing on the voucher.

Call (714) 781-7290 or visit www.disneyland.com/mcdonalds (This website does not appear to have been activated yet, and currently it just redirects you to disneyland.com's main page) for more information.

Vouchers are not valid for theme park admission. Separate admission ticket required. Early admission is for Disney's California Adventure™ park only and not valid for Disneyland® park. Vouchers are good for one (1) early admission for one (1) person.

Blah, blah, safety warning, hight restriction, while supplies last etc, etc. And...

FASTPASS® service is not available until the scheduled opening of the theme park.

There will also be a large plastic ToT collector's cup if you order Super Size or something. Voucher comes with a free ToT collectible rub on tattoo. That part wasn't on the fax...he just mentioned something about it.

So you're gonna have to keep an eye on this to get the month you want, it seems.

Finding a store that has the placemats out already will probably not get you the vouchers yet. Most participating stores have not received theirs yet. That's what he said. I guess the placemats went out a bit earlier than they were supposed to from the vendor.

Hope that helps.

TinkLover
06-11-2004, 08:11 PM
So do you think If I go there in the morning, I will get a voucher for June, because I will be at DLR from the 17-21, so I should go to McDonalds the 18th, and be able to hopefully use it the 19th?

Opus1guy
06-11-2004, 10:09 PM
I would think so.

TinkLover
06-11-2004, 10:25 PM
thats way cool, thanks for the info!

Photographer
06-12-2004, 05:04 AM
Ooooh I need one for August. Now I have to find a friend who's willing to buy the meal and give me the voucher. LOL I wonder which McDonald's are a part of this promotion. Like will it stretch down to San Diego or just concentrate on Orange County.

Ponine
06-12-2004, 06:23 AM
Photographer, I dont know that i knew you were in SD,
but either way, I'm betting it will. We get all the other d-land promotions. I've got guys at work who'll eat the meals for me, and you, if you cant find any other 'victims'

Photographer
06-12-2004, 06:45 AM
Photographer, I dont know that i knew you were in SD,

I'm not, LOL I'm in Massachusetts. I have a friend in San Diego who may visit me while I'm in Anaheim in August. Was wondering if she could get us both the ToT vouchers.

I'm currently advising all my CA friends to go to McDonalds cuz I want the voucher. LOL Thanks for your offer, I may take you up on it!

Ponine
06-12-2004, 06:54 AM
Funny! I just read your post about the north east, and was coming back to edit my post!!!
That makes so much more sense!
I'll keep my eyes peeled. I'm IN McDonalds frequently, but to order happy meals, not adult meals. It just isnt my thing....
But for the voucher, I jsut might

newhdplayer
06-12-2004, 07:07 AM
Also get a coupon to Enter DCA 1 Hour Early to ride the Tower of Terror!

Why would anyone want to get early entry into DCA?

Photographer
06-12-2004, 08:23 AM
Why would anyone want to get early entry into DCA?

I understand LOL For me it's something else to add to my list of things I've done. Plus when there's fewer people around (I know, I know it's already empty) you feel as though you have the entire park to yourself. Just feels peaceful.

Opus1guy
06-12-2004, 09:20 AM
I should have asked him what regions are participating. Sorry. If I get a chance I will.

I know for a fact that it's not just Orange County however, because one of my employees said they saw the placemats at a McDonald's way up in Azuza. So that's Orange and Los Angeles counties for sure. Would assume at least San Diego, Santa Barbara and San Bernardino as well.

Opus1guy
06-12-2004, 09:30 AM
TinkLover...I just thought of something.

Your original question asked about if you went early in the morning to McDonald's could you get the voucher. Most McDonald's don't serve Big Macs until the afternoon, after the breakfast hours. So you may not be able to get them in the morning, unless you just manage to get them upon request from a friendly employee or manager who is understanding and accommodating.

Good Luck!

AVP
06-12-2004, 10:26 AM
McDonalds has posted billboards around my city, cross-promoting the Tower of Terror and the Big Mac sandwich as a "Tower of Taste." (blech - in all of my months at McDonalds, there are two foods I never ate - Big Macs and Filet o' Fish)

AVP

newhdplayer
06-12-2004, 11:02 AM
McDonalds has posted billboards around my city, cross-promoting the Tower of Terror and the Big Mac sandwich as a "Tower of Taste." (blech - in all of my months at McDonalds, there are two foods I never ate - Big Macs and Filet o' Fish)

AVP

"Tower of Taste" and McDonalds...funny, I don't see the connection between Taste and McDonalds.

Forbin
06-13-2004, 11:52 PM
To AVP and the Mouseplant Staff!

HUMPH! I alerted everyone to the special...and Opus1guy gets all the credit!

No I'm not that mad, but I was a bit disappointed that I wasn't even mentioned in the weekly article when I beat EVERYONE to the punch with the scoop.