PDA

View Full Version : Whitewater Rest to eat?

Momtowolf
06-06-2004, 07:36 PM
I keep hearing about the Whitewater place to eat....is that in the actual hotel or in DCA??

Is it so yummy?

Lani
06-06-2004, 07:50 PM
I keep hearing about the Whitewater place to eat....is that in the actual hotel or in DCA??Whitewater Snacks is a small snack shop located on the ground floor of the Grand California Hotel, one of the on-property hotels at Disneyland. They serve breakfast and snack foods during the day. It's a nice little quiet spot that's a favorite for many. It's not a fancy restaurant, but a great place to kick up your heels to take a break in the middle of the day.

SCUBAbe
06-06-2004, 09:51 PM
beware of the pre-made sandwiched. My botom piece of bread was way to soggy to eat. My mother took it in to them to show then and they gave her a "freshly" made sandwich. I didn't want a new one, because I had eaten all the meat out of mine and was no longer hungry. Mu father took one bite and discovered that the bottom piece of bread was still soggy.

However, I have had the hot chicken sandwich and the brakfast burito and they were both very good. I will stay away from the pre-made cold stuff from now on though...

Darkbeer
06-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Whitewater Snacks is located inside of the Grand Californian Hotel, but real easy (and quick) to get to from DCA...

Use the special Hotel entrance/exit near the entrance to GRR... when you leave the park, keep walking until you get to the end of the path, make a left, and you will find it on the left at the end of the hall.... Also restrooms are located here.....

Momtowolf
06-07-2004, 06:17 AM
Thanks for the advice!!!!

SCUBAbe
06-07-2004, 09:26 AM
Also, you'll have PLENTY of time to rest. It took about 30 min to get our hot food the last 2 times we went. Yesterday they were VERY slow and it still took forever and then they brought the wrong food. It is a very nice place to relax though. The blue grass band was playing in the park when we were eating and my father loved listening to the music.. :)

MetalliKitty
06-08-2004, 12:10 AM
I don't remember what it is called exactly, but the chicken breast sandwich with guacamole is very tasty. The french dip is good too.

Also I may be mistaken but I do believe (bottled) drinks are a little bit cheaper at WWS.

And if you like chocolate covered strawberries, sometimes they have ones done up with white and milk chocolate in a tuxedo design, Cute to look at, but better to eat!

Enjoy your visit! :D

EeyoreAdorer
06-08-2004, 08:52 PM
If you're a coffe drinker and go to DL often, buy their souvenier mug. You can get free coffee refills (any kind), just by showing them your lid :)