PDA

View Full Version : Big huge heartfelt THANKS to posters & CMs

truesally
06-06-2004, 02:59 PM
We just returned Thursday from our trip to DL/DCA and I want to thank everyone here who gave great ideas & tips for my family :)

I especially want to send a big blessing to all the cast members we encountered ~ we were so thoroughly impressed with the sincerity and graciousness of their attention - everyone called my daughter 'princess' and my son 'Peter Pan' (because of his beloved hat), much to their delight; all of the characters interacted in a fun way and signed autographs while chatting and posing; everyone was helpful and friendly despite the heat & crowds.

I knew this was to be expected but it's still gratifying to witness and experience the love firsthand :D

Thanks, all
the spencer family

06-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Disney magic strikes again! So when's your next trip, truesally?

truesally
06-06-2004, 09:48 PM
Hoping to go back in winter 2005 - still during the 50th birthday bash but a different season. My daughter loves Jack (the Pumpkin King) and wants to see the "Nightmare Before Christmas" version of Haunted Mansion.

Any tips for that trip?? You all have been so helpful in my planning these last 5 months, might as well start on the trip 17 months away! :D

Dlandmom
06-07-2004, 08:24 AM
truesally, I'm so glad you had a good time. As a local, it makes me really happy when visitors have such a great time at my "home" in Anaheim!

Lani
06-07-2004, 09:01 AM
Hi truesally -- I'm so glad to hear you had a good time, and that all the CMs were so nice to you. That's the one thing I keep hearing over and over -- how the CMs add that bit of magic that makes a visit to the parks so memorable.

For your next trip... visiting for the 50th would be great! Although some of us are a bit disappointed at the lack of things planned for Disneyland (unfortunately, the spotlight seems to be shining more brightly on places like Walt Disney World instead), I'm sure they'll do lots of things to make your visit special during the celebration.

Both the Haunted Mansion Holiday and "it's a small world" holiday overlays are wonderful. If you can, I would try to avoid going during the actual holiday period (the week preceding/following Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas weekend, and New Year's Eve weekend). Early November and early December are probably good times to go, especially if you can go during the weekday and avoid the local crowds who visit on the weekends.