PDA

View Full Version : Matterhorn doesn't need Fastpass, this ride does

Pages : [1] 2

disneylandfan1987
06-05-2004, 10:41 PM
I go to Disneyland once a month and it always amazes me that my favorite ride there, Peter Pan, always has the longest line besides Splash and Indiana. In the middle of the day, Peter Pan can have a wait of anywhere from 30 min. to 45 minutes. And since that ride is made for kids, I don't know how well 5 years olds generally do standing in line doing nothing for 45 minutes. Wouldn't it make sense to put in a FastPass for that ride? I mean, I usually have to wait longer for that than POTC, Haunted Mansion, or even BTRRM.

sleepyjeff
06-05-2004, 10:46 PM
Do you remember waiting this long for Peter Pan before Fast Pass? Probably not.....Fast Pass actually makes non-fastpass lines longer. Fast Pass is the problem, not the solution :)

disneylandfan1987
06-05-2004, 10:51 PM
I totally understand what you mean. But the fastpasses would be more so that the parents don't have to keep their 4, 5, or 6 year olds in a 45 minute line. There are so many other rides in Fantasyland that the kids wouldn't have to wait as long. Because the longest I usually wait for Snow White or Pinocchio is 15 minutes. You know what I mean?

sleepyjeff
06-05-2004, 10:55 PM
I do understand what your saying. You are dealing with what already is(fp)...and adding one to Peter Pan would certainly help that attraction more than one added to Matterhorn would. I am just stubbornly holding on to my objection with the whole FP program.

What I really want is the Park to go back to the A - E ticket system :fez:

dlazechk
06-05-2004, 10:59 PM
Do you remember waiting this long for Peter Pan before Fast Pass? Probably not.....Fast Pass actually makes non-fastpass lines longer. Fast Pass is the problem, not the solution :)
in the last 15 years that we have been going peter pan's lines at christmas have always been at least 30 min. that is if you ride first thing in the morning.
2. fast pass is not the problem rather it is the solution if setup properly. fast pass allows me to access slow loading rides such as splash, potc, soarin' and screaming without a 60-90 min. wait. there are many who will forego their time to wait that length of time to ride one of these but fast pass is the reason that we take our one annual holiday at a disney park. without fast pass, we would not be spending that 7-10 days and our money at disney.

Disneyfreak
06-05-2004, 11:08 PM
Fastpass is a system that only really works on a high capacity ride and even then it jacks up the time in the standby line by a lot. This system would not work on Peter Pan without having a standby line of 60+ min which is rediculous.

sleepyjeff
06-05-2004, 11:15 PM
. fast pass allows me to access slow loading rides such as splash, potc, soarin' and screaming without a 60-90 min. wait.

I am glad it works so well for you; I only visit once a year or so(since 1979) I noticed a big increase in wait times for C, and D ticket attractions right after FP was introduced...could be just my perception as I didn't actually time the waits before FP.

Of course my objection to FP does not stop me from taking advantage of it :)

cstephens
06-06-2004, 03:31 AM
Wouldn't it make sense to put in a FastPass for that ride?

The problem with that would be how you would implement a Fastpass return line. There's only one line that gets you to the entrance, so where would you have the return people get in line?

DefyingGravity
06-06-2004, 08:25 AM
Just to throw in an interesting fact, Peter Pan's Flight has FastPass at WDW. Now I've never been to WDW, but is their Peter Pan that different from ours that FP would work for them and not for us?

AVP
06-06-2004, 08:48 AM
Just to throw in an interesting fact, Peter Pan's Flight has FastPass at WDW. Now I've never been to WDW, but is their Peter Pan that different from ours that FP would work for them and not for us?They had room in their queue to install a FastPass return gate. We really don't - there's barely a usable wheelchair entrance, much less room for a third queue.

AVP

SpacedOutCM
06-06-2004, 08:54 AM
DefyingGravity - WDW's Peter Pan is an omnimover system like Haunted Mansion. So it's probably a capacity issue on why Peter Pan doesn't have FastPass.

RagtimePrince
06-06-2004, 10:01 AM
^ I think it's just got the conveyor belt loading, not an actual continuous linked series of ships.

This discussion has been brought up before, and while I agree that the 75 minute wait time on busy days is pretty crazy, the whole Fastpass thing is WAY overdone at Disneyland in the first place. Stuff like non-networked rides and 80/20 FP ratios have really thrown the whole plan into a kind of overwhelming necessity than a helpful thing. The whole Fastpass idea is brilliant as far as guest satisfaction, time in the park, spending and balancing wait times throughout the day, but in DL at least I think it's overdone.

blusilva
06-06-2004, 01:20 PM
In the middle of the day, Peter Pan can have a wait of anywhere from 30 min. to 45 minutes. And since that ride is made for kids, I don't know how well 5 years olds generally do standing in line doing nothing for 45 minutes.

My brother and I did it just fine when we were little. And before the 83 Fantasyland redo, you got to hear "Come on everybody, here we GOOOOOOoooooo" REALLY, REALLY loudly every 7 seconds. How do I know it was seven seconds? Because we counted. Over and over again. "One thousand one, two thousand two...." Under our breath, of course, since Mom was giving us the eyebrow for counting aloud.

It's a good lesson for kids to learn: if you want something bad enough, sometimes you're going to have to wait to get it.

efoxx
06-06-2004, 06:52 PM
I have riden peter pan since 1963, and I recall seeing lines routinly in the 30-25 time when disney started posting line times. prior to that all I can say is that the lines were about the same length. at WDw the lines ran on average during peak season about 45-55 min. now with fast pass the standby is still in the same times in general.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-06-2004, 10:16 PM
I loved it when you could hear "COME ON EVERYBODY HERE WE GO!" That was wonderful to hear!

spectromen
06-07-2004, 08:30 AM
I loved it when you could hear "COME ON EVERYBODY HERE WE GO!" That was wonderful to hear!

Wasn't that the best? And the shadow of Peter on the wall that went with you, and then the Tinkerbell that flew along with your ship for a few seconds? I loved the original version!!

GeminiAngel
06-08-2004, 11:07 AM
I think Alice needs fastpass. it seems I can never get near that ride!!

richas
06-08-2004, 01:25 PM
I wondered what happened to "Come on everybody..." on the P.Pan ride! Now that you mention it, I remember Peter's shadow too ;)

pkcdust
06-15-2004, 06:56 PM
OK...there aren't but a few people more spoiled than I am as far as "waiting in line" goes...but geesh...enjoy it! I will wait for PP for 60 minutes with no problem, just because it is the most magical ride! I used FP at Disneyland Paris (as PP is BY FAR one of the most popular attractions there) and it wasn't as fun.

Honestly, one of my favorite memories is my GradNite ('98) when the ride operator let me get multiple photos in my pirate ship, as Fantasyland was empty. *sigh* Magic...

Enjoy the queue! In fact, I waited for 2 1/2 hours for Tower of Terror, just to have the excitement. And it made it all worth the while!

Emma
06-15-2004, 07:12 PM
I can't figure out how fastpass would help on Peter Pan, because the ride can't possibly move any faster than it already does. So if they did a fastpass, the standby line would be unbearable.

The line set up being the way it is would also make it difficult to impliment a fastpasss system.

Peter Pan is like Snow White, Pinnochio, and Mr. Toad... It just happens to be the most popular... Do like I do and go first thing in the morning. :)

stitcher
06-21-2004, 12:14 AM
Can't put a fastpass at PP because not only is there no place for a 3rd queue but there's no place to put the machines.... so there. Can't even think about putting a 3rd queue in because the main queue we have now is only just big enough to deal with the average demand.

And just for the sake of conversation, when I worked on Peter Pan(sob!:crying: ) I used to belt out "Come on everybody, here we GOOOOOOooooooooooo" all the time. Plus, much of the time I could really sound like Peter Pan. It was fun I never had a guest who wasn't happy to hear it.

iwannabeanimagineer
06-22-2004, 11:57 AM
What Peter Pan needs is an express line for people accompanying children under 12 and a stand-by line for groups that only have people over 12! :)

Emma
06-22-2004, 01:35 PM
What Peter Pan needs is an express line for people accompanying children under 12 and a stand-by line for groups that only have people over 12! :)

I'm sure I'd love that line until my kids turned 12. Then I think I'd think it was horribly unfair and unjust. :D

rentayenta
06-22-2004, 02:04 PM
When we went this past March DL was packed. We went on Peter Pan first thing. My kids love that ride, heck, I love that ride. I guess growing up with Disney has made me a very tolerant line waiting person. Adrienne and others gave me some great tips about entertaining kids while waiting in line.

Back to subject: I don't think I could handle another factor in the Fastpass equation. My Husband thought I was off my rocker sending him all over when we got there. He quit complaining when he walked onto Splash Mountain while others waited for 75+ minutes.

Morrigoon
06-22-2004, 02:46 PM
Yeah, but Splash has an even better solution: a single rider's line. As long as you are willing to forego riding in the same vehicle as your friends, you can actually get on Splash FASTER than fastpass.