PDA

View Full Version : Size restrictions or accommodations on any rides?

AZstinkerbelle
06-05-2004, 02:13 PM
Hi, this is my very first post here, so bear with me!

My dad took my son and I to Disneyworld in October of 2001. Some of the rides there had what I will call a "fat" seat on them (and please no flaming...I am fat and I rode in that seat, therefore I can call it that :p ). Both my father and I (and my brother if he goes with us this trip) are on the chubby side. Does anyone know if they also do this at Disneyland? Do they have seats out front that you can try to fit in, before you get in line?

If there are no "fat" seats or seats you can test before you get in line, are there any certain rides that we should avoid?

TIA for any help you can give me!!

Momtowolf
06-05-2004, 02:22 PM
When I was at my highest weight of about 270 I fit into everything at Disneyland with no problem......I'm sure you will be fine.

IFlyAway
06-05-2004, 03:16 PM
I am "fat" too and very tall...6'5" and I have had no trouble on any attractions at Disneyland. I do have to turn my legs into pretzels when riding Space Mountain but that has to do more with my long legs than with my weight. As far as a "fat seat" I've never seen that at Disneyland I guess because all the attractions have plenty of room.

Have fun!!

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
06-05-2004, 03:34 PM
California Screamin' and the Mulholland Madness at DCA are a little squishy if you are bigger. But I'm a average height chubby girl and I fit fine in both. The orange stinger used to have a weight limit, but they have taken that off the sign. At Disneyland, everything seems to be big enough to accomdate those of us, "broad of beam".

orangechicken
06-05-2004, 05:26 PM
I agree with the last post, Mulholland madness is difficult for larger people. The only problem is when a larger person is sitting with the child. Since they share an unflexible seat restraint, it is not as safe for the child. However, I think that you can have a special bumper-type restraint so that two different sized people can ride together. Hope this helps.

Hakuna Makarla
06-06-2004, 06:33 AM
I am a big gal, and have been losing weight to go so I can fit fine on the rides to! ( not just for Disneyland but for my health and my kids) So far 58 pounds since March 5th of this year. but I will still be "fat" when I get there so I was nervous as to not to stick out if I did not fit on the rides. Or be out of place with all you beautiful california people. I will be skinny next year :) but this year not so unless I lose a lot more.
Good to hear some of us chunks are around ,maybe we should open a lounge here for us hefty people to discuss ins and outs of our trips to disneyland :) what do you say moderators?

Momtowolf
06-06-2004, 07:11 AM
Why do you think they took the weight limit off the orange stinger? I know the suggested weight limit was 200...I'm 220.....Anyone been on it lately? Did they fit okay? I really want to go on it

seattlemom
06-06-2004, 07:41 AM
Anyone been on it lately? Did they fit okay? I really want to go on it

I was on it last week and asked about a weight limit. The CM said there was no weight limit, and you could go as long as you fit in the seat. I'm 230 pounds and fit fine.

Momtowolf
06-06-2004, 07:44 AM
COOL!!!! I really wanted to go on this ride since I had lost so much weight so far.....was it fun?

AZstinkerbelle
06-06-2004, 08:03 AM
Thanks for all the replies everyone! :)

seattlemom
06-06-2004, 08:11 AM
was it fun?
More of what my daughter wanted to do, but it was better than I expected.

Lani
06-06-2004, 08:25 AM
AZstinkerbelle -- We just ran a query about that in our recent mailbag (http://www.mouseplanet.com/mailbag/), and the general consensus seems to be that the Orange Stinger is the one to avoid. We also got some feedback from readers, who said Maliboomer over at DCA is also a bit snug.