PDA

View Full Version : House of Blues info please

Hakuna Makarla
06-05-2004, 01:17 PM
I saw on tv they had these great gospel sunday brunch, but we will be gone by then.I see they have concerts, are they played while people eat? or do we eat and see concerts seperatly? I am a bit confused but the brunch looked great! Do they have buffet style always or just on Sundays? please, any one got some goo reviews on this?

Forbin
06-05-2004, 06:52 PM
House of blues is a restaurant and a concert Venue. During Concerts they usually don't serve food in that room.

Price of Concert and price of Food is separate.

No idea on how good the buffet is though.

adriennek
06-05-2004, 06:58 PM
FYI: It's more of an adult venue than a family concert venue.

Adrienne

blusilva
06-05-2004, 11:19 PM
I've never been there (or at any other HOB) for Gospel Brunch. I have been there for quite a few concerts. The concert area is seperate from the dining area, although for some concerts, if you dine at the restaurant, you can get "front of line" priviledges if you hold tickets to the concert.

It's general admission for concerts, so if you want to be against the stage, it's good to know the policy for that particular show. Also, sometimes if you get there early enough and are eating inside, you can catch a soundcheck, if you're lucky.

Dining for regular concerts is restaurant dining, serving "cajun" style food. I couldn't tell you how authentic it is, since HOB is the only place I've ever had "cajun". They've got some good things on the menu.

I put a pretty detailed review up in the MousePlanet "reviews" section a while ago. I think it's still there.

cryan71
06-05-2004, 11:22 PM
They do serve items such as french fries, chicken fingers and stuff in the concert area.

blusilva
06-05-2004, 11:26 PM
They haven't served the finger food stuff in the concert area the nights that I've been there. In fact, one night I was really counting on it, and they told me no (boo!) I know they do at other HOBs - perhaps it's best to call ahead the night you plan to go.

TribeFan
06-06-2004, 04:48 AM
The website is www.hob.com.

Hakuna Makarla
06-06-2004, 06:23 AM
I saw a show on the house of blue on the travel channel( yes we finally get it as the cable channel finally added it to out tv yaaaaa! ) and they had soul singers singing as people ate the buffet. looked good and the music was great!

The Lovely Mrs. tod
06-06-2004, 07:21 AM
Concerts are in the back room, very casual, folding chairs, standing in the back, couple of bars. Sometimes HoB will note a concert "family" on the schedule...we've taken the Little tods to a couple of Big Bag Voodoo Daddy performances there and it's fine. Problem is, if the concert runs a little late and you were planning on eating in the dining room afterwards, by the time you make it downstairs and to the front of the seating line you're likely to to told that the kitchen has closed.

-TLMt

tod
06-06-2004, 08:46 AM
I saw a show on the house of blue on the travel channel( yes we finally get it as the cable channel finally added it to out tv yaaaaa! ) and they had soul singers singing as people ate the buffet. looked good and the music was great!

The House of Blues is kind of like McDonald's: They're all over the place, so the one you saw on the Travel Channel may not be the one you go to.

The good news is that the food is pretty much the same high quality in all the Houses.

--t