PDA

View Full Version : Booths for LNY

olegc
01-25-2020, 12:28 PM
Booths and more.. Wow. The lines today Jan 25th are amazing. In the pic below the line in the right is order, the line on the left is pickup. Mobile order is about half that long but still long. Wow... The pic on the right is mobile order at Pacific Wharf Cafehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200125/ed326e66c731cb86211d7e2bfc8c832f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200125/2cd6c2917afd17aaf884a4d9173c641d.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Shortpix77
01-27-2020, 08:38 PM
Wow, that looks crazy! On 1/24 (Friday), mobile ordering from the booths meant instantaneous food. Looks like that was NOT the case on Saturday...

olegc
01-27-2020, 09:18 PM
Wow, that looks crazy! On 1/24 (Friday), mobile ordering from the booths meant instantaneous food. Looks like that was NOT the case on Saturday...Disneyland was marginally better. DCA was packed. I'll attribute that to mid afternoon shift and LNY big day. It seems that Disneyland gets morning and evening heavy traffic and gets an afternoon bump (except holidays of course when it's always packed). Just what I've experienced.

AnotherJenny
01-28-2020, 07:03 AM
I mobile ordered from Longevity Noodle Co and my sister mobile ordered from Lucky 8 Lantern, which are next to each other. I walked up and was handed my food. Lucky 8 Lantern was doing a single pick up line, even for mobile orders (would still recommend because of how long the lines to order were). The line was down the ramp towards the lagoon, then wrapped around and came almost all the way back to the booth. We were over half way through it before the CM came by to check that everyone in the line had ordered. The woman in front of us hadn't. We had her food, she had eaten it, we watched the procession, walked over to Paradise Garden Grill and back, and we saw that woman still waiting in a long line to order. We were going to get the pork banh mi for her and the vegan one for me at Lucky Fortune, but at that point we had already been on Rise of the Resistance, we decided to leave the park and get banh mi somewhere else.

In other news, OC Rotisseries and Poultry Market has closed. I'm open to suggestions for other banh mi outside of the parks.

tea4two
01-29-2020, 06:39 PM
In other news, OC Rotisseries and Poultry Market has closed. I'm open to suggestions for other banh mi outside of the parks.
This makes me sad. We liked that place very much, although we hadn't been able to stop by in a while. The family was super nice. I hope they are okay.

AnotherJenny
02-01-2020, 05:26 AM
This makes me sad. We liked that place very much, although we hadn't been able to stop by in a while. The family was super nice. I hope they are okay.

I read that they retired. I hope that's it.

tea4two
02-01-2020, 11:00 PM
If they retired, good for them! Hope they are enjoying retirement. :)
We tried the LNY booths this evening. Short lines for everything. Paradise Garden Grill had the longest wait at about 10 minutes or so. Got a lotus blossom glow cube at one of the booths (Longevity Noodle?) to add to my glow cube collection.

indiejones
02-02-2020, 07:40 PM
We loved the Whole Fried Tilapia from Paradise Garden Grill! Has anyone else tried it?

cstephens
02-03-2020, 03:03 PM
We were there on Saturday, and it was super busy. The longest line we saw was for the booth (I forget its name) that's across from The Little Mermaid ride, in front of what was for a time the Little Mermaid store. The first time we walked by, there were only a few people in line to purchase, but the pickup line was, no exaggeration, probably 30 deep. When we went by again about an hour or two later, after we'd eaten, there were still probably 20 people in the line (presumably, none of whom were the same people who were in line the first time we went by). That booth has the 3 cup chicken wings and the dumplings and the Mickey macaron but I can't think which one or combination of those are accounting for the giant lines.

Has anyone tried the mobile order thing with the Sip and Savor pass? I still haven't figured out how or if that works. We did buy the Sip and Savor pass but just went through the regular line. The mobile order pickup line for Lucky 8 was ginormous.

We tried the chicken meatballs and lo mein noodles (https://twitter.com/cstephens2/status/1223746214413266945), and I thought it was ok. I loved the beef bulgogi short rib (https://twitter.com/cstephens2/status/1223747440030994434) and the shrimp fried rice (https://twitter.com/cstephens2/status/1223748662271987712). I was a fan of the gochujang chicken wings (https://twitter.com/cstephens2/status/1223749432031764482)last year, which the husband didn't get a chance to try. He really enjoyed them this time, and I had a taste too - just as good as last year. We did tasting portions from Paradise Garden Grill of the pork belly banh mi (https://twitter.com/cstephens2/status/1223751214422036480) and the Korean grilled chicken (https://twitter.com/cstephens2/status/1223751893970825218), and both were good.

tea4two
02-03-2020, 07:03 PM
We loved the Whole Fried Tilapia from Paradise Garden Grill! Has anyone else tried it?
That's on the top of our list for our next visit!

Pammer
02-04-2020, 09:41 AM
Picky me tried the Chinese hot dog bun last week, which is basically a soft pretzel with pieces of hot dog in it and some sesame glaze on it...it was pretty good! I was done eating it before I realized I'd forgotten to get a picture of it ~ LOL!

AnotherJenny
02-04-2020, 09:21 PM
I don't think you can mobile order with sip and savor. The app doesn't even take gift cards. I can't imagine they've tackled vouchers. Although there is an option for coupons/promo codes, so I guess there is some room for development is there. Your best bet is probably just waiting in line for a register once and making all of your orders at once.

Interesting about the booth with the Mickey macaron having a long pick up line. The day that we waited in a huge combined mobile order and regular pick up line at Lucky Lantern, my sister also mobile ordered a macaron and walked up and received it immediately from that booth.

tea4two
02-09-2020, 08:27 PM
Finally got to try this and really enjoyed it! If they bring it back next year, it's going on our re-do list for sure. A total bargain and plenty of food for two people!

olegc
02-09-2020, 08:35 PM
I raced back to DCA tonight to grab my last 3 coupons off of the Sip and Savor. Lo mein was great. Shrimp fried rice and char Siu pork bao we're good as well. I just missed the final meet ND greet of Mulan and mushy. They were done at 530 and I was at the gazebo at 520. No new entries. Bummer. So few people due to the weather.

tea4two
05-09-2020, 05:01 AM
... In other news, OC Rotisseries and Poultry Market has closed. I'm open to suggestions for other banh mi outside of the parks.

While it's not as close to the parks as OC Rotisserie and Poultry Market, if you happen to be coming from/through Garden Grove anyway, here's a rec from the L.A. Times:
Saigon’s Bakery / Banh Mi Saigon

On a recent banh mi blitz through Orange County’s Little Saigon, this double-named bakery had the longest line and the most customers buying warm loaves of bread to take home alongside their sandwiches. Both shapes of bread — boules and baguettes — are golden and handsomely scored, with shattering crusts that yield to plushness. I particularly liked the pork meatball, crumbly and herbed and warm against the cool vegetables. Then again, the charred, caramel-sweet grilled pork banh mi stood on its own, as did the twangy sardine and the grilled chicken pulled into soft, frilly threads. The popularity of this place makes complete sense.

13861 Brookhurst St., Garden Grove, (714) 539-9921

We're looking forward to trying this place when life returns to normal.

AnotherJenny
05-11-2020, 06:15 PM
While it's not as close to the parks as OC Rotisserie and Poultry Market, if you happen to be coming from/through Garden Grove anyway, here's a rec from the L.A. Times:
Saigon’s Bakery / Banh Mi Saigon

On a recent banh mi blitz through Orange County’s Little Saigon, this double-named bakery had the longest line and the most customers buying warm loaves of bread to take home alongside their sandwiches. Both shapes of bread — boules and baguettes — are golden and handsomely scored, with shattering crusts that yield to plushness. I particularly liked the pork meatball, crumbly and herbed and warm against the cool vegetables. Then again, the charred, caramel-sweet grilled pork banh mi stood on its own, as did the twangy sardine and the grilled chicken pulled into soft, frilly threads. The popularity of this place makes complete sense.

13861 Brookhurst St., Garden Grove, (714) 539-9921

We're looking forward to trying this place when life returns to normal.

I'm actually relocating outside of CA soon. After realizing that the closest Trader Joe's (and Whole Foods) is hours away, the next thing I looked up was banh mi. And then boba. It's going to be a long year.