PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Dessert Buffet? Please Help...

TinkLover
06-04-2004, 10:00 PM
In about 2 weeks (June 16th) my boyfriend and I are going to DLR for our 3 year anniversy. We really wanna do the Fantasmic Desert Buffet, but does anyone know the exact price for it, and also, is to it late being that we are going to be there in 2 weeks to make reservations.
Thanks, Michelle

SoCalDisneyLover
06-04-2004, 10:05 PM
I believe they take reservations 30 days prior, by phone only, and they usually sell out within minutes, if not seconds, after they go onsale. Unfortunately you are probably too late. The balcony buffet is Extremely popular, especially during the summer months. Spend the money on a nice meal at Blue Bayou instead, and just get to the river early enough to get a good piece of concrete. Make sure you call for reservations to Blue Bayou in advance, should you choose to eat there, because it too will fill up. Have Fun!

Lani
06-04-2004, 10:09 PM
I believe they take reservations 30 days prior, by phone only, and they usually sell out within minutes, if not seconds, after they go onsale. Unfortunately you are probably too late. The balcony buffet is Extremely popular, especially during the summer months. Spend the money on a nice meal at Blue Bayou instead, and just get to the river early enough to get a good piece of concrete. Make sure you call for reservations to Blue Bayou in advance, should you choose to eat there, because it too will fill up. Have Fun!I'd check, anyway. And keep checking, including on the day of. They may end up with some cancellations! :)

TinkLover
06-04-2004, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the help, and I already have reservations for Blue Bayou, I can't wait, I have never ate there before!

rakkwhite
06-05-2004, 08:20 PM
I went to the Fantasmic Desert Buffet March of this year. It cost $47 per person. It may have increased since then though. Have fun!!!

cmpeter
06-05-2004, 11:55 PM
We went last October and it cost $47 per person. We called on the 30 day mark to get reservations. It was great to sit up on the balcony to watch Fantasmic. But, I thought the quality and selection of dessert items was lacking.

Lynnepitt
06-06-2004, 10:11 AM
What exactly does the Dessert Buffet provide? It seems quite expensive (going by the above price quoted, it would cost $188 for my husband and I and 2 children to see it - if it's the same price for kids too).
I have read a basic outline in a tourism book briefly saying you get a choice of desserts and a good view of the Fantasmic show - is it really worth the money? It did say in the guide to at least try and experience this if at all possible. :rolleyes:

cmpeter
06-06-2004, 12:10 PM
When we went there wasn't a lot my kids would eat...some strawberries and cheese cubes. There was a cheesecake, a black forest cake (chocolate with cherries) and I think there might have been chocolate fondue. I was expecting there would be cookies for the kids, but nope. I don't think you come near to getting $47 worth of dessert...but you get an awesome place to watch Fantasmic.

Tinker Bell
06-06-2004, 12:25 PM
I will be there on the 18 th. I should take some pix And post them so people can see what there is.I can't wait I LOVE Fantasmic.Plus its a date w/My DH just us no kids.

MammaSilva
06-06-2004, 02:57 PM
I've done the balcony several times over the last 15 years and have to say it's declined from the original in terms of actual food, but if you're paying to be there for the food, your money would be better spent on the ground over at Napa Rose anyway. What your buying with the balcony is Location location location (and braggin rights let's be honest here folks) I started doing the balcony when you had to hike over to the park (pre DCA ~ 9/11) and camp out in front of guest services because they ONLY sold the tickets day of .....that was part of the fun to be perfectly honest....the 'war' stories about lack of sleep, fun run ins with secruity, the people you met while camping out ala the old days of concert ticket waits....but I digress, back to the why and paying out da nose....like I said, it's not about the food, It's about those reserved you can't BEAT the view from here seats. I haven't gone since the new phone 30 days out system went into place but it was sweet knowing you could go to the park that evening and go do whatever you wanted til about 15 minutes out then head to the gallery and be seated. One of the best parts was the seating went in first bought first seated, so it was a part of the trip to make sure to be first in line so you got the front row of seats. I don't even bother trying to watch the show from the ground now after experinceing the balcony.

06-06-2004, 03:11 PM
the people you met while camping out ala the old days of concert ticket waits.

Those were the days, weren't they? Fun times.

MammaSilva, your post is one of the best explanations of the Fantasmic Dessert Buffet I think I've yet read. Thanks!