PDA

View Full Version : DCA question

Disney Vault
06-04-2004, 02:05 PM
I was thinking since people are always complaining about the theming of DCA and it is harder to theme everything to california, do you think they should change the name. Do you think they would ever do this?

Bruce Bergman
06-04-2004, 02:15 PM
They might not change the name, but changing the focus would. Right now it's Disney's California Adventure, when it should be Disney's California Adventure. See what I mean?

We're already IN California, why slavishly duplicate in the park stuff (like the Golden Gate Bridge or the Giant Redwoods) that you can take a trip and go see for real? :confused:

Move the emphasis to Adventure, and you can have the Guests do adventurous things, that are not necessarily tied to one state - Rock climbing or Caving would be one interesting thing that you can do anywhere there's a big rock or a big hole in the ground...

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--

aztectodd
06-04-2004, 02:21 PM
They shouldn't change the name or the theme....they should add what they need to add. We're treating this park like it should match up to Disneylands standards. What we're forgeting though is this park is 45 years YOUNGER than Disneyland. Give it some time people. Let the park grow the way it is supposed to.

sediment
06-04-2004, 02:34 PM
Like a weed?
In time, society's standards will drop to a level that will be commensurate with DCA. Just give it time, folks. Like, after all the critics are dead.

After Eisner's gone, there will be overpowering reason to leep it the same.

dingdong2U
06-04-2004, 03:34 PM
In regards to Bruce Bergman's posting, it keeps me thinking back to the (now defunct) Golden Horseshoe Variety Show and how at one point Dana Daniels would ask the audience "Has anyone been to Disney's California Adventure yet?"

After he gets his responses he comments something like "You really should go there. It actually feels like you're in California." :)

Sometimes he adds on that he likes that larger area you step into just outside the park gates called "Anaheim". ;)

--- Mike

disNeytEen
06-04-2004, 07:28 PM
I don't thing the whole theme of California should change, i mean it may suck for the people in California, but the out of staters the people who come from New York or the east coast or other countries DCA is like a sortof sum up of California (it is done cheeply mind you) but when Disney made DCA i don't thing they were thinking Californians were the only ones coming to the park, they have to look at the whole picture and that includes other states and countries. All DCA needs is a boost to get going, to express the finer sides of California and done right, mainly better, expensive, funner rides. But that all falls under the juristication of Eisner. All DCA needs is a boost not a makeover, but a boost to get it going in the right direction.

Another thing is that Disneyland was made by the Walt man himself he saw everything and didn't even understand the term budget, but here in the 21st century the whole world is materialistic and includes the happiest place on earth to.