PDA

View Full Version : What flavor churros are they selling these days?

Lani
06-04-2004, 08:09 AM
I've seen apple cinammon, and I think raspberry once before over in Tomorrowland. Obviously there's the most important bestest one, the cinammon. Are there any other flavors?

cstephens
06-04-2004, 08:23 AM
They used to sell chocolate ones with a grape flavor outside in Tomorrowland. I really liked those.

Lani
06-04-2004, 08:44 AM
Chocolate with grape????? Or two different flavors?

cstephens
06-04-2004, 10:50 AM
Chocolate with grape????? Or two different flavors?
The churro itself was chocolatey. I don't think there was a chocolate filling, but I don't remember. The sugar coating on the outside (the one that's normally cinnamon, I think) had grape flavor instead. It was really good. But I only remember seeing it for a very short time.

MammaSilva
06-04-2004, 11:35 AM
At the holidays they sold a strawberry one (blech ;() and they had chocolate dipping sauce available for the regular ones.....

Opus1guy
06-04-2004, 11:55 AM
What's in those things, anyway? I always thought they looked like something from one of those toy Playdoh extruders. And when I finally bought one, that's just about what it tasted like to me...a long brown doughy turd-like thing covered with sugar that tasted very artificially bad. I think it's a bread product of some sort, but can't be certain. Guess I kinda thought it was going to be somewhat like a donut. But it wasn't.

Maybe I just got a bad one?

Lani
06-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Turd-like? Ewwww! Talk about losing one's appetite! X-P

As long as they're warm they've always tasted good to me! (well, except that nasty raspberry one).

Pat-n-Eil
06-04-2004, 12:10 PM
I think they do taste like a dough naught.. err. donut. I think it tastes like a cruller (the fancy ones that look like tires) and coated in cinnamon & sugar. I really like Churros. They may smell even better than they taste.. but they are good. They also taste somewhat like waffles from certain places...

Polar33
06-04-2004, 10:17 PM
For a moment I thought this was an old thread. Disneyland hasn't offered anything other then the standard cinnamon sugar for at least two years now. DCA still offers both apple and strawberry sugar in addition to the cinnamon. Both parks do offer Chocolate or Caramel dipping sauce for an additional charge however.

Lani
06-04-2004, 10:22 PM
For a moment I thought this was an old thread. Disneyland hasn't offered anything other then the standard cinnamon sugar for at least two years now. DCA still offers both apple and strawberry sugar in addition to the cinnamon. Both parks do offer Chocolate or Caramel dipping sauce for an additional charge however.
Uh... hrm... *cough cough*.

OK, I went on Atkins last year and since then, I no longer eat processed sugar or white flour... so it's been a while since I've had a churro.

yeppers, I was havin' one of them churro-cravings. I figured since I'm 400 miles away, I could talk about churros all I wanted, because I could run to the park and gorge on them! :eek:

Polar33
06-04-2004, 10:50 PM
Heh...don't worry, it's not like I expect everyone to keep up with all of ODVs changes. Heck...I work there and I'm not even sure what's going on half the time. ;)